PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a wine-o...but...

kerry
12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't usually like wine but...

I'm giggling right now because I found my favorite wine! I've had a glass a night for three straight nights, now tonight...I've grabbed the bottle...no glass...(it's about a glass left...right?)...

Anyway... This is my FAVORITE...TRY IT!

Fetzer Gewurtztraminer (German Tall bottle) IT SAYS VINTAGE 2006...THAT'S FUNNY (2006...VINTAGE, yeah right..lol)

LOVE LOVE LOVE it...Kinda fizzy in your mouth, fruity and fresh...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...

OK...I'm

heading back to finishing it up!

ETA...OH I FORGOT...I'm HEADED UP TO MY CRAFT ROOM SO LETS SEE WHAT A QUARTER BOTTLE OF WINE WILL DO TO MY CREATIONS!

HEE HEE HEE

cindi
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
is it a red wine?? it sounds yummy
:)

teabear
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
yummmy, I've had that one before. It's a german white wine. You might also like viognier, it's also a white wine that's yummy and sweet and fruity. I love it.

shadoob
12-10-2008, 08:17 PM
you're funny...I want to see what it does to your creations too!

kerry
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Yep, it's a german white wine but kinda like fizzy...in the back of your throat. Not too sweet, not too tart.

I'll try voigner to see what that tastes like.

I used to like the stuff called "DESSERT WINE" that wasn't much of a wine at all...more sugar..

I've been wine tasting several times and it seems I always tend to like that german long neck bottle...but WOW, I really like that Gewurzt wine...

Oh, I'm 50% German is that the reason? Ha!

Kerry
Kerry

ETA...did you know my name? Hee Hee...I forgot so I typed it two times...Hee hee..I'm off to make some cards! FOR REAL!

cindi
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Yep, it's a german white wine but kinda like fizzy...in the back of your throat. Not too sweet, not too tart.

I'll try voigner to see what that tastes like.

I used to like the stuff called "DESSERT WINE" that wasn't much of a wine at all...more sugar..

I've been wine tasting several times and it seems I always tend to like that german long neck bottle...but WOW, I really like that Gewurzt wine...

Oh, I'm 50% German is that the reason? Ha!

Kerry
Kerry

ETA...did you know my name? Hee Hee...I forgot so I typed it two times...Hee hee..I'm off to make some cards! FOR REAL!

lol..you need another bottle of that wine, and no power tools for you tonight!
:)

tesschap
12-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Sounds yummy. I've never been much of wine drinker but I read about ice wine (a form of dessert wine) a few years ago and I have found a few that I really like. Eisenwein (a German ice wine) is my favorite. A local apple orchard also has an ice wine made with apples instead of grapes that is good. It's a little more expensive but I don't drink it all that often. Its sweet but doesn't have the after taste that I find some wines have.

I may try this one to see if I like it. DH is a red wine drinker but any red wine I've tried reminds me of red wine vinegar!

allinkdup
12-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I like the sweeter wines myself. If you get the chance, try "Ice Wine" It is made with frozen grapes and is so light and crisp.

Only bad thing about wine is everytime I drink it I get pregnant!!!

midnitecreations
12-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm not a wine drinker, but these "ice wines" sound really yummy

Vintagegal
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Kerry, if you like Gewurtztraminer's, you HAVE to try Piesporters. Try the Michelsberg Piesporter. For $7.99 a bottle, it's one you could have every other night! LOL!

We love it, at my house.

Christie
12-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't like wine. I've tried several different kinds but they are all too strong.

scrappinnuts
12-11-2008, 12:31 AM
I love wine and the Gewvertz is a Good one... It is a desert wine.... Every tried a Reseling? They are yummy also... There are so many wines out there and you really do have to experiment before you find one that suits your taste. I love going to Wine tasting parties. Enjoy it...and I can't wait to see what you create after the wine.

logcabincreations
12-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I like the sweeter wines myself. If you get the chance, try "Ice Wine" It is made with frozen grapes and is so light and crisp.

Only bad thing about wine is everytime I drink it I get pregnant!!!

ROFLLLLL :biglaugh:

mom_on_line
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm not much of a wine drinker either and have not really found any that I've fallen in love with, but one. Except I don't know the name of it. We were out for dinner one night and my brother ordered it and all he knows was that it was a $75 bottle (he has expensive taste) and this was one of a few that he gets.

Funny you mention the ice wine. I have a bottle on my counter (gift) Peller's Vidal. Have no idea how this will taste or should it be served cold or what.