PDA

View Full Version : Kkkkkk cold!!!

Monkey Love
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
It is 21 degrees here right now! It snowed yesterday, not a lot but enough to make a mess of the streets!!! It turned our world into an ice rink! This is the coldest it has been here in over 10 years... and windy!!! With the windchill factor it is 12 degrees. I know a lot of you experience this cold most of the winter but this is record setting for us and we are just not used to it! Brrrrrr! hope the sun melts the ice and dries it up before nightfall! :)

cindi
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM
wear layers and stay warm!!! be sure to use some heavy duty moisturizer tonight.
the cold will dry your skin right out.
:)

mahodgman
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Me too! It feels like Ellensburg around here to me with the wind! We probably won't get much sympathy here since so many Shackies live in really cold places. We just aren't used to it in the Pacific NW, so we have to whine when it happens.

Christie
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
It's cold here too, but not as cold as you. We are in the 40's and my tootsies are cold!

cindi
12-15-2008, 03:13 PM
you girls wanna hear something strange?
it's 50 degrees today in Maine!!!
can you believe it?
:yes:

ngreek
12-15-2008, 03:26 PM
yes it is cold.. and the roads were awful this morning..

Desert Stamper
12-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I guess that cold front that was up there in WA got over here...When I drove to work this morning, the surrounding mountains were completely white with snow. I don't remember seeing that much snow for years. I'm just glad it stays up on the mountains where we can look at it without having to be in it! More expected tomorrow.

Monkey Love
12-18-2008, 09:23 AM
brrrrrr! Yucky snow and ice! Still snowing and icy roads! I have to figure out what is the safest route to Jennifers therapies today! My day care providers kids have a snow day and poor Jennifer has to hang out with two rowdy boys all day after therapy... I am going to miss my work groups end of the year luncheon and white elephant gift exchange... poo! I love rain, and really don't like snow, Give me 40 degrees and rain any day! I guess that makes me a true Washintonian!!! :) Happy day everyone! Patty

mahodgman
12-18-2008, 09:49 AM
brrrrrr! Yucky snow and ice! Still snowing and icy roads! I have to figure out what is the safest route to Jennifers therapies today! My day care providers kids have a snow day and poor Jennifer has to hang out with two rowdy boys all day after therapy... I am going to miss my work groups end of the year luncheon and white elephant gift exchange... poo! I love rain, and really don't like snow, Give me 40 degrees and rain any day! I guess that makes me a true Washintonian!!! :) Happy day everyone! Patty

Amen to that! I don't mind the rain at all. Yesterday the Elks cancelled our department lunch because of the weather. I couldn't believe it, and I didn't think the roads were bad at all.

Monkey Love
12-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Amen to that! I don't mind the rain at all. Yesterday the Elks cancelled our department lunch because of the weather. I couldn't believe it, and I didn't think the roads were bad at all.

You missed your luncheon too... the cook probably didn't show up for work. I hope they reschedule it for after Christmas. The weather should be better by then!

ngreek
12-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Well I just got back from Bremerton. I drove into work today and was able to get to the town but not the office so I turned around and headed back home. It is ugly out.
Nicole

Monkey Love
12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Well I just got back from Bremerton. I drove into work today and was able to get to the town but not the office so I turned around and headed back home. It is ugly out.
Nicole

I saw the traffic cams from the Peninsula area earlier today... good that you got home!!! Stay home tomorrow too! Yucky! 2-3 more inches tonight! :xmad: Be safe and stay warm! :emoticon-sign:

ngreek
12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I saw the traffic cams from the Peninsula area earlier today... good that you got home!!! Stay home tomorrow too! Yucky! 2-3 more inches tonight! :xmad: Be safe and stay warm! :emoticon-sign:

I plan to stay home... Not going to go thru tomorrow what I did today. It was awful.
Nicole