PDA

View Full Version : Boo Hoo, I Got a Ticket!

mahodgman
12-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I got a ticket in the mail today from one of those photo enforcement things that they have at intersections. It was way back on Dec 6th, and the paper had three pics of my truck at an intersection. I didn't even believe it until I went on line and saw a little video. I can't tell from it if the problem is that I didn't come to a complete stop (turning right on a red light in a r-hand turn lane) or that it was posted no turn on red. Either way I'm guilty, and I have to pay it. It is really weird too because it says that they don't report it to DOL or your insurance company. I guess that is good, but I think it is kind of weird. The stupid thing is $101 due by Dec 26th! YIKES!

Christie
12-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Well that sure stinks. They could of waited until after the holiday's to send it!!

workin4stamps
12-15-2008, 08:26 PM
That stinks! I am always worried that I am going to get one of those too (for speeding!)

The reason they can't report it is because it's not "technically" a real violation....it's more considered a civil matter. You'd have to be stopped by an actual cop in order for it to count against you.

cindi
12-15-2008, 08:32 PM
well, thats a freakin wonderful Christmas present! sorry, thats a bummer.
:policeman:

shuggy
12-15-2008, 08:36 PM
just watch out...these things come in pairs!!!

tojoco
12-15-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm sorry Mary. That does stink at this time of year.

emmcee
12-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Dang, Mary. Some great Christmas present from the city of Tacoma. $101 and no cop did any actual work. I hate those stupid cameras. Of course, I suppose they have their good qualities too, but not when they give a friend a ticket. LOL>

Tantalize
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Well, Merry Christmas to you hey Mary!!! :( Booo Im so sorry

teabear
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh man! They have a couple of those intersections that are in my travels. I've had it flash and take my picture a couple of times. So far no citations in the mail, but it's so easy to roll through on a right turn.

suzi_f
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh Mary, that's really stinky. And for Christmas too!!! Big hugs to you!!

Far North
12-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Gosh--that's a big bite! I had no idea a ticket would cost that much...one of the advantages of living so far from big cities. Mary you might want to pay it as soon as you can so you don't have to think about...so sorry.:xconfused:

mahodgman
12-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I think in theory these things are good, but it sure does bite to get caught doing something wrong! They also generate revenue for the city that pays my salary, so I guess I could look at it as giving something back....lol I'll certainly be more careful with my driving in the future!

patg
12-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Bummer Mary! That totally sucks! I know in Canada that if you get one of these in the mail, it is not considered to be served unless you get served personally. I wonder if that is the case in the US? You should check it out before making any payments.

Pat

Monkey Love
12-16-2008, 09:03 AM
My sister has gotten several of these and she fights them and hasn't had to pay one yet! You sound a little like me, if I think I did it then I will pay it. Sorry you got nabbed by the photo police! Merry Christmas! Patty

toao
12-16-2008, 09:23 AM
That's freaky. We don't have anything like that here. Bummer that it's so expensive.

cecescraps
12-16-2008, 10:00 AM
YIKES!!! It's so easy to do that too... they have some here in Naperville and I'm always afraid I'm going to get "caught!" Sorry it's at the holidays. :(

shadoob
12-16-2008, 10:06 AM
big bummer! I didn't even know those things existed. I wonder if we have them around here...if so, I must say that they are not doing their job..... ahem......