PDA

View Full Version : Coloring Poll:

allinkdup
12-17-2008, 09:27 PM
What do you like the best, use the most and why?

emmcee
12-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Colored pencils, SU markers, but Sherri has some Copic markers that I like and Spredbirds has these really cool pencils to use with gamsol that I like too. But right now colored pencils or SU markers.

Well, if I would've waited I would've seen the poll thing.

MidwestStamper
12-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I use my Prismacolor pencils because they are close by and handy. I really like them! But I haven't ever tried the Copic or other types of markers. I have tried Watercolor on occasion.

directmailscrapper
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I love my Copics! I like intense color -- definitely not a pastel person -- and I can get really intense colors with the Copics (even lighter colors are intense). I'm getting better at blending, but I want to take a class someday.

I do enjoy the Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol, but haven't used them much lately. I also have really, really enjoyed watercoloring with Tombows, but haven't done that much lately either.

cindi
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I didn't pick one from your poll, because I couldn't commit!
lol!
I love my copic, prisma, bic, sharpie markers, and right now I'm using them the most. But and this is a big BUT..I also love my stampin up markers, and my prisma colored pencils.
so in thinking this question through..I'm just a color junkie! and it just depends on my mood and the card I'm making on what I use to color with.
:biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

loobylou
12-17-2008, 11:12 PM
i picked watercolour pencils, because that's what I find easiest, and what i have the most colours in. I do enjoy prismaclor pencils, but I'm not so good at the shading and blending with them. I need more lessons

Mrs. Fence
12-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I am not really into coloring right now, but I find my watercolors the easiest to use, and I love my bics.

1of2shoes
12-18-2008, 12:50 AM
I couldn't decide between Copics and my Prismas. I love the Copics because I can color faster but with less subtle shading. With my pencils, I can get more of a gradual color change. So I guess my vote is really 50/50 but leaning towards the Prismas.

iloveflipflops
12-18-2008, 05:20 AM
I love my Copic markers. In fact I don't think I have met anyone who didn't love their copics. I also love the Koh-i-noor pencils with Gamsol that Chelsea introduced me to that Kim TRIED to tell me about a year ago. LOL

Paula Carden
12-18-2008, 06:29 AM
I use a variety but voted for Prisma pencils. I just bought the Koh-i-nor and they are good too-little different colors than in Prisma. Also I use some Copics but I only have 5 or 6 mostly in gray and skin colors. I still use Tombows and others too. I have a large variety of alcohol makers that I bought in Paris last year that are very much like copics-intense color.

Christie
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I usually color with prismacolor pencils. I've never used gamsol though. I would much prefer coloring with markers but all I have is sharpies!

Erin K
12-18-2008, 08:38 AM
I couldn't decide between Copics and my Prismas. I love the Copics because I can color faster but with less subtle shading. With my pencils, I can get more of a gradual color change. So I guess my vote is really 50/50 but leaning towards the Prismas.

Um.. you are the QUEEN of colored pencils and I object strongly (kidding here) to you saying you can't decide. I think Prismacolor Pencils and you are the first thing I think of.

I love watercolor pencils the best, but I only have limited range in those. I like copics because they are so fast and nice color. I'm sure I could be doing much more fancy pants shading with them, but I pretty much just color flat and call it a day.

ccstampin12
12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
A few months ago I would have said Prisma Color Pencils, but now that I have Copic Markers, I have to vote with them.
I still use the other choices from time to time, but Copics are my first choice most of the time.
Joanie

Mere Deaux
12-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I love my Prisma pencils and gamsol. But I return to my H2O's often. My Prisma pencils are handy! lol

patcreates
12-18-2008, 12:26 PM
My favorite isn't up there. My favorite coloring technique is using inkpads and a waterbrush.

djc
12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Of the options given, I chose other markers. I love using my TomBow Markers. I use them to color the die before stamping. I use them to color a stamped image. I use them with or without misted water. I use them with or without the blender pen.

Another coloring medium I love is Twinkling H2O's, but that's not on your list.

Daria

ellie
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
It is a close tie between my Copic markers and my Prismacolors. It depends on what I am coloring...I feel like I can shade a little better with my prismacolors.

GSMom385
12-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I am a Copic junkie now. I used to love my prisma pencils the best but now my Copics are my fav.

spredbirds
12-21-2008, 01:42 AM
I voted for penicls but I DON"T like the prismacolor pencils ... Koh-i-noor pencils with Gamsol is my fav!!!!

Artyfarty
12-21-2008, 01:43 PM
watercolour pencils, , addicted to pencils and not yet had the courage to try markers but maybe in the new year . Have a few prisma pencils and sansador which is similar to gamsol and love this too for the blending.

Tantalize
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
I voted Prisma b/c Im really good with them. I love Copics though Im still learning. lol

Far North
01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
My favorite isn't up there. My favorite coloring technique is using inkpads and a waterbrush.

Oh Pat, I am with you! And if I am not using a waterbrush I use a cut n dry foam with the inks.

Patty
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I will say Prisma Pencils--but doesn't anyone use a blender pencil??? I also love the Copics, but I'm very new to them.

tesschap
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I voted for Copics. I joined Gina K's Copic club and have set A and am almost done collecting set D. I use Copics for most of my coloring as I've got some $$ invested and want to get better with blending, etc. with them. I really would like to try the airbrush system too.

allinkdup
01-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Patty,I use my blender pencil!

I am not too great at the gamisol but I love, love, love my blender pencil.

I tried playing with my copics some more this weekend. I do not think they like me. Man, I am such a one trick pony,lol!

JudyP
04-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I have just discoverd the prismacolour art markers. They are similar to copics but I find I like them better than the copics. I find they are nicer to colour with, and they have nice vibrant colours (even the lights colours). They are just slightly cheaper than copics and I can get the prisma markers in the art supply section at Micheals!!! yeah 50% coupon! I got a set of 12 for $37.50!!

Kreative Dryve
04-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I love my watercolr pencils, but I voted for my SU markers. They can be used as watercolor too, if you use watercolor paper and blender pens. I just can't afford the other markers right now.

Cinnistew
11-24-2009, 11:55 PM
All of the above... and then some!

shadoob
03-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I like water colors and chalks becasue they make it look like I can actually color and blend...and going out of lines is expected!

mahodgman
03-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I use my Stampin' Up! markers all the time!

Lori
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
I don't have Copic's but I use my Prisma Markers all the time. Along with the Bic Mark Its and Sharpies. I do love my Prisma pencils with gamasol too.

mybella
03-13-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm fairly new to coloring but so far I have to go with Prisma pencils.