PDA

View Full Version : Stickles are my friends...

Darleneh710
12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Ok, so I don't know if any of you know this or not but I have been sTiCkLe cHaLLenGEd lately and have stopped using them altogether as I thought it was "just me" they don't work for, but I went on scs and found a thread all about them and it finally stuck that you need to let them dry overnight before sending them out or doing anything with them. So, I used stickles on a bday card last night and this morning it looked really pretty. I used to have a bunch of stickles but gave them away as I "didn't like them" but I guess I gotta buy some more as I only have a few colors!

So, I just wanted to say I am happy that I stuck with it and will now be able to use them.

I did want to thank Paula C and Nancy F for the cards they sent me with stickles on them...those cards inspired me to look further into the stickles to find out what I was doing wrong. So, Thank you ladies!

djc
12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Have you tried the Distress Stickles yet? They look completely different than the regular ones. You definitely have to wait until they dry; I waited overnight. They are so cool--little piles of flakes They add lots of texure, not glitter. Very cool.

Daria

Christie
12-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Glad you came back around to them!! I love the little extra bling they add to a project!

cindi
12-18-2008, 04:38 PM
oohh..I love my stickles, and I have 3 of the new distress stickles, and I like them too.
:)

iloveflipflops
12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh Darlene .. I'm so glad you came to your senses and you are now loving your stickles. I love them so much and rarely use a card without them!! Remember, less is more as far as I am concerned.

I am still on the fence with the distress stickles. I have 3 different ones and I'm not convinced they are better than the regular stickles.

cindi
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh Darlene .. I'm so glad you came to your senses and you are now loving your stickles. I love them so much and rarely use a card without them!! Remember, less is more as far as I am concerned.

I am still on the fence with the distress stickles. I have 3 different ones and I'm not convinced they are better than the regular stickles.

definatly not better...just a new option of stickles. I am very VERY loyal to my origonal stickles!
lol
:wink:

Paula Carden
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I like stickles but have not tried the distressed ones yet!
Stickles are good, they are your friend-but I do find that I use crystal often. Frosted lace isn't as good for me.

djc
12-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Well, after seeing this thread, I was putting some homemade ornaments on the tree. They were so blah. I went in and added stickles--the regular ones. I wanted something shiny that would reflect the lights on the tree. Now I'm trying to keep my fingers off them until tomorrow. It's so hard not to just put my finger on one to see if it's dry.

No, the Distress Stickles aren't better. They are different. I love the look they give.

Daria

cindi
12-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I like stickles but have not tried the distressed ones yet!
Stickles are good, they are your friend-but I do find that I use crystal often. Frosted lace isn't as good for me.

ha! frosted lace is the only stickles I have that I don't love. maybe someday I'll find a way to love it, but so far, I'm not feeling the love.
lol

Christie
12-19-2008, 08:33 AM

I think the distress stickles are good for vintage feels or something you want to add texture too without the sparkle.

ha! frosted lace is the only stickles I have that I don't love. maybe someday I'll find a way to love it, but so far, I'm not feeling the love.
lol

I have frosted lace, it was my first one, and I don't like it either. The only thing I have found it is good for is snow.

karla_m_angelstamper
12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
I would be lost without my Stickles, even though I mostly use Crystal. I guess that's 'cuz that's all I have. LOL!!

Far North
12-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I am also enjoying the new Glitz stickles--these a bright sparkle!

I agree I find the frosty lace the hardest to use and generally have used it on vintage/distress pieces like I will now use the distress stickles. I also don't use the black often but it is great when one needs high contast.

I try to save projects that need lots of drying time until the end of the night so I won't be tempted to rush them.