PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Help

suzi_f
12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Ok, I signed up w/facebook. I don't really want to "use" it, I just want to see someone's "page". How do I do this. Do I have to make them my friend??? I don't want this person to be my friend (I'm hoping that soon she won't be my relative!) She's supposedly dissing my brother & I want to know if it's true so I can kick her hiney!!! I know bunches of you are out there 'cause I was asked to add you as my friends. LOL

IMBlessed5
12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
If their page is private then you have to add them as your friend. Do a search for them on Facebook, and when you find them you'll know. If you can click on their name, their page is public. If you can NOT click on their name, you have to add them as a friend to see it.

HTH!

suzi_f
12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
I can click thier name but then can only see thier friends, send them an email or add them as a friend. DANG!! Looks like I can't verify info. Oh well, it's probably evil of me anyway. God's keeping me away from her!

IMBlessed5
12-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Darn!

Oh well, just think of it as less stress - What you don't know can't hurt ya, LOL!

suzi_f
12-20-2008, 10:39 PM
There you go!!! LOL Maybe I'll just go & kick her hiney, for no good reason??? Merry Christmas to HER!

Inkisallover
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM
My sister just hooked me up with Facebook yesterday. It is very new to me, I don't know much about it. She and her friends said it is much better than My Space. ummm, I don't know much about that, either.

shadoob
12-21-2008, 12:18 PM
If it is private, you'd have to let her be your FRIEND...but either way, depending on what you want to see and why.....there are ways to find out what's going on with her.
I warn you though- be real clear on why you are doing this. If it is to get ammunition for something then consider if it is really helpful to the end outcome or not. If it is to see if something dangerous or illegal with children, then go for it. Most garbage we find on people is really not as helpful as it is temporarily gratifying for the finder.....We all have stupidity in our lives..granted that those who list it on Facebook are morons, but still..
So, if it is for illegal or potentially dangerous things to children, you can go to her friends pages and read the comments she leaves there. If you follow the threads, there is much to find out.

Nancy
12-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Why is it so important for people to put all their wash into a space where millions of people see it? I certainly hope my friends dont feel they need to put their lives down on paper for me to like them. I can make that judgment just by being friends with them and deciding if I really want them as a friend or if they want me. I am still fortunate to have friends from high school and through life and didnt have to put it down on paper. Just dont understand! - Nancy

ccstampin12
12-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I joined....not because I WANTed to, but because my DD and a dear friend asked me to.
It's funny...some of my former students have found me and want to keep in touch...it has its upsides I guess!
I will not be airing anything personal, that's for sure! LOL
Joanie

shuggy
12-21-2008, 12:49 PM
it's not much different than coming here and discussing everyday things...it's just another forum for communication.

GotCats?
12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Never been on any of them. Not even Utube. I heard a saying "friends don't let friends post on myspace"! Haha! I think that one is mainly geared towards kids, though. And pedophiles. Blah.

Although, I google my name from time to time to see what is online about me--there was a hit on facebook, so I also need to try to figure out how to get on there. I am hoping it is another "Tricia Rappe" and not someone making a fake page about me......

GotCats?
12-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Ah--I tried to get on, but I didn't want to sign up. Try this trick (it worked for me). I googled my name again. Saw the hit for facepage and clicked on it. I was able to navigate to the page with my name on it without signing up!

Definately a high-schooler and not a fake page of me! How odd--I have a weird name (and it is spelled weird too). Never thought I would come across another one! Poor girl, she has to follow in my shoes and try to live down the name..... Haha!