PDA

View Full Version : help!

shuggy
12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
i need the recipie for puppy chow!!!

Vintagegal
12-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Here it is (http://thepaperquilter.blogspot.com/2008/11/puppy-chow.html) from my blog.

Recipe for Puppy Chow

* 9 cups of Chex Cereal (I used most of one regular size box of Rice Chex)
* 6 oz (1 cup) of semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1/4 cup of margarine or butter (DO NOT USE SPREAD)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

(Other: You'll need a cookie sheet, lined with wax paper; and a one-gallon size plastic bag.)

1) Measure cereal into a very large bowl; set aside.
2) Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine or butter in a medium-size bowl, uncovered, on High for one minute. You may need to microwave for an additional 30 seconds until it is easy to stir the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
3) Stir in vanilla.
4) Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal in the large bowl. Gently stir until all of the cereal is completedly coated.
5) Pour chex into the gallon-size bag. Pour powdered sugar over.
6) Seal and shake gently until the chex is coated completely.
7) Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.

shuggy
12-24-2008, 01:23 PM
thank you!!!

mydogstinks2
12-25-2008, 02:33 AM
mmmmm puppy chow! my fav!

loobylou
12-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I was expecting this to be dog food! You don't feed something that sounds so good to dogs i hope! Why is it called puppy chow? I have seen the chex in chocolate flavour here. would it still be goood if i used that?

Vintagegal
12-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I was expecting this to be dog food! You don't feed something that sounds so good to dogs i hope! Why is it called puppy chow? I have seen the chex in chocolate flavour here. would it still be goood if i used that?

Sarah, since it already is chocolate flavored, I would eliminate the chocolate chips, and just melt the peanut butter and butter together, before shaking it in the powdered sugar.

I think it's called Puppy Chow because it looks like the dog food (which I've never actually seen.) Maybe that's why.

Nancy
12-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Someway or how I am going to learn how to put pictures in my gallery or the Shacks, But first if I wanted to print out the recipe how do I do that, with out getting all of the threads- Nancy

shuggy
12-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Someway or how I am going to learn how to put pictures in my gallery or the Shacks, But first if I wanted to print out the recipe how do I do that, with out getting all of the threads- Nancy

buy a box of rice chex. i discovered the recipie on the back!! it's the same one!!!

loobylou
12-25-2008, 04:59 PM

nancy, when i want to print from a thread I highlight them, copy and paste into a MS Word document. Then I print that document

Nancy
12-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the help and I really like Shuggy's answer. - Nancy