PDA

View Full Version : My name is Joanne and I am a Chocoholic!

tojoco
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
OMG! My niece sent me 2 pounds of Belgium chocolate truffles for Christmas. I have to get rid of them somehow because I can't stop eating them and pretty soon I'm going to look like a big fat truffle myself. Help! Is there a number a can call? What should I do with them because DH or DS won't eat them.

cindi
12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I hear ya, sistah!!!!
I put all fattening goodies in the freezer...now I can have them later..after I work off all the ones I already ate.
:rolleyes:

Christie
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
LOL!! I say enjoy them then go for a walk!

shadoob
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm with you ! The ONLY way I can get myself to not eat them is to 1) finish all of them off and not get more or 2) actually give them away. If they are in my house at all, I will eat them!

Nancy
12-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I didn't eat chocolate for awhile and just bought some and guess what, My lip broke out, so it must be the chocolate, Havent eaten anything else out of the way. Maybe thats a good sign. Boo Hoo - Nancy

ellie
12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
I feel your pain! We have a ton of stuff in the house from Christmas and I don't seem to have any self-control.

loobylou
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

AND here's some other good reasons to eat all that chocolate

Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

cindi
12-28-2008, 10:57 PM
If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

AND here's some other good reasons to eat all that chocolate

Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

lol..Oh sarah..I do adore you!
:)

tojoco
12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Sarah, that is hilarious. I love it.

loobylou
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
One year I made my Dad a chocolate themed card for Fathers day. It had little pockets with tags in and I wrote these "reasons to eat chocolate" on each tag. He loved it- and the huge block of Toblerone chocolate I gave him with it.

teabear
12-29-2008, 05:09 AM
I have a friend who puts anything she doesn't want to eat out in the car trunk. That just cracks me up. The freezer in the garage works for me in the winter time, since I hate going out there. I do love sarah's list.

shadoob
12-29-2008, 05:31 AM
When I was about 17, a friend and I drove across the country by ourselves (I do so wonder where my children get their wander-lust from).
We had a bunch of chocolate that we were eating too much of...so, as Tami's friend did, we put it in our car trunk. The problem started when the highway patrol kept checking on our predicament on the side of the road....and we had to explain we were just getting chocolate out!! (we then moved the chocolate back into the car and HAD to eat it all)

Mrs. Fence
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
My name is Tracey, and I am here to help you. Mail me all your chocolate, and you will not be able to eat it! My addy is in my profile. Glad to be of service!

:wink: PS I loved your list Sarah! Great idea!

tesschap
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry - I am no help here! I have been snacking on the holiday chocolate and need to do something myself to get rid of it! I did finally toss the remains of a few holiday cookie trays last night - it killed me to do it but my hips will thank me later!

Sarah - I loved your post too :)

Kreative Dryve
12-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi Joanne!
Welcome to the club!
My life has always been filled with chocolate goodies, and I am happy.