PDA

View Full Version : traveling with stamps/scrapbook

ellie
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I am going away for the weekend and would like to bring a stamp/scrapbook project. There is always soooo much stuff to bring...do any of you travel with your stuff and if so, how do you decdide what to bring?

jdpisces
12-28-2006, 12:15 PM
I have gone out of town on business before and brought stages of projects with me. Like maybe just an inkpad and a few stamps to make some images for swaps or individual cards and then maybe something to color them with or a pair of scissors to cut them out.

Have a fun weekend!
Julie

teabear
12-28-2006, 12:42 PM
but have never used them! Once I took all the things I needed to do some teabag folding and another time I took some dominoes to alter and the things to alter them with. Both were minimal amount of extra goodies to make something with. But, I have learned that the best thing to do on a trip is look for inspiration in nature, art and the things I experience on vacation. I sometimes take notes of ideas that come to me. The other thing I look for are unique stamps, supplies, or trash to treasure items.

kerry
12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I use a small plastic container with a clip-close lid that I got at WM. It is handy and I put scissors, double sided tape, some glittery pens, my colored pencils, my thinner, blending stumps, sandpaper board, and some pre inked images. I also pre fold card bases already in clear envelopes, bring some pre cut patterned paper, some universal colored ribbon and maybe some brads.

I never bring too much and I keep everything in that small box. I didn't bring anything on my cruise (except magazines) and boy, I wish I would have!!!
Kerry

Swanie78
12-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I usually only bring stuff if Im driving, that way I can just throw my travelling scrapbook case with me. But Im one of those people who try to carry everything they own in one little case ;)

I would decide what you want to work on, get everything together and put it in ziplock baggies. Make sure you have everything for each stage of assembly.

If you are flying, be careful what you put in your carry on. Anything that *could* be used as a weapon will be taken away, so leave your scissors, paper trimmer, exacto, etc in your checked luggage.

iloveflipflops
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey, where are you going? :) I stamp a bunch of images and then color them on trips. I hate to bring even more with me than normal so that is what i do...

ellie
12-28-2006, 10:20 PM
We are going to the mountains for NYE. It will be a time to just hang out, play games and veg. I may not even get out of my jamies all weekend!:wub:

GSMom385
12-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I travel with my stuff all the time. I travel for a living about 3 nights a week. If you are going to do it alot I highly recommend creating a duplicate of the basics. I have a pencil box that I keep a pair of scissors, some basic markers, adhesive, etc. in that I never unpack, it always stays in my travel bag. I use the clear plastic folders from CM and plan my projects ahead of time before I go with a quick sketch, so that I only take the necessary papers, etc. I also try to stamp stuff or print journaling in advance and stick the images in the folders too. That doesn't always happen but it makes my bag lighter if it does. So most of my away time is spend in coloring, cutting out and assembly. I try to plan more projects than I can possibly get done, that way I don't run out before I get home. I can finish way more in the hotel than I can at home, so I want to make the most of it, if I have to be away from the kids anyway. Good luck on the trip. ~Cindy

Stampingmommy
12-29-2006, 12:50 AM
The only time I bring stuff with me is if I am going to my inlaws as I know that the kids will be occupied. And then I will bring my whole crop bag. Usually I bring about 2 - 3 different projects as I never know what I will be in the mood for.

countrystamper
12-29-2006, 08:14 AM
I do quite a bit of traveling just to visit my family since they all live far from me and I always pack supplies to do something while I am the passenger if my hubby is driving. I also have made up card kits to take along or scrap page kits and that helps. Have a fun trip!
Linda