PDA

View Full Version : I love Christmas but also glad to see it end!

Christie
01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I love putting the tree up and decorating for Christmas. It's my most favorite holiday. I am also happy when it's all over and I get my house back to normal. My tree had dropped so many needles while taking it down that my vaccum cleaner got all glogged up and I had to take it apart. I'm happy to say it's all cleaned up and things are back to normal!! Yippee!!!!

Vintagegal
01-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm with you, Christie. Christmas is also my favorite holiday, but for some reason, I wasn't all that jazzed up about this past Christmas. I think I was overwhelmed before Thanksgiving arrived, and it just snowballed from there. Don't get me wrong. This is the first Chrsitmas I've felt this way. Usually, I'm chomping at the bit to get the tree and decorations up. Not this past Christmas.

I think that I am starting to 'distance' myself from creating any more memories in our current home. We are moving this coming Summer. I think I'm putting up my 'defenses' and I'm starting to separate myself from becoming emotionally attached any further to this home.

CharityHand
01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Amen Sista! So glad it's over.

midnitecreations
01-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I agree. New Year's Day is my fav. day. It's hard work sometimes to make Christmas so good!!

iloveflipflops
01-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I still have both trees up but the decorations are all on my dining room table. I hope to get it all up this weekend.

suzi_f
01-02-2009, 04:21 PM
DH is outside right now taking down all the yard decor. Sigh. It makes me sad. I'm taking the inside stuff down tomorrow. The tress will get down when they get down. I am happy to have some cute snowman stuff but not as much as C'mas. I love my C'mas stuff. I know if I keep it up it won't be as special but, I still hate to see it come down. Plus, it's a CRAP LOAD of work to get it down!!

My3Ds
01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
It's sad taking down the decorations. The house looks so empty. At least for a few days anyway.

Christie
01-02-2009, 07:17 PM
It's sad taking down the decorations. The house looks so empty. At least for a few days anyway.

That is so true. I walked into my living room and it seemed empty without the Christmas tree.

workin4stamps
01-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I am with you 100%! I miss the warm homey feeling of having all the lights up. I have 2 trees in my living/dining room, and I put a lighted garland on my mantel. I told Brian today...I like taking the stuff down, but I really miss the warm feeling of the lights. Oh well. We spent the day cleaning, taking down all the decorations, and going through all of our closets and the attic. We took an ENTIRE car load of stuff to the Salvation Army! The only room I didn't get to was my kitchen. We re-organized all of the holiday decorations, so now it should be a lot easier and quicker to get all my stuff back up next year. We worked today for about 10 hours. I'm beat, but I'm SO happy it's done!!! We have really been on a roll lately trying to declutter.

:-)

suzi_f
01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I am with you 100%! I miss the warm homey feeling of having all the lights up. /:-)

That is EXACTLY how I feel!! I love walking into the room illuminate only by Christmas lights. It's warm & homey!! I bought some snowflake lights at walmart after C'mas. We'll see if they make me as happy!

loobylou
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I've still got to take my decorations down. I don't like that job nearly as much as putting them up.

shadoob
01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
I still haven't taken it all down yet...just a little at a time.
I love the lights too, so a few years ago, I bought dragon fly lights (the kind that are made for an outside deck/table) and I put them in my downstairs bathroom. Now, whenever we have company, I turn them on and it is so fun to have lights all year long.....I have an acquaintance who is 83 yers old and is quite the hoot - she decided to leave all of her christmas stuff up ALL YEAR since she likes it!

Mrs. Fence
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I was so ready to take down my tree this year. We put it up earlier than usual, so it had been up long enough to be all dried and droopy by Christmas. I was ready to take it down Christmas Day! I did wait a couple of days, but I'm glad it's over. It's fun while it lasts, but then it gets overwhelming. I have a few winter decorations up on my long shelf. Those will stay till spring. Then I'll change it.

stampinmom3
01-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree totally! I just took our tree down today. DH bought a bunch of green and red totes so we can easily see what it our Christmas decorations. I'm waiting on him to get home from work so he can decide what he wants in which container. The outside stuff is still up, hoping he gets it down on Monday when he has off work. I'm ready for spring!!

Spartymom
01-03-2009, 01:36 PM
We just finished taking all the decorations down. Sad to see them go, but geez, my house looks very open now. From year to year, I am always messing up on what goes in what box, even though they are labeled. Hello.