PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! Updates on my trip and my Gran

toao
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Well first of all, my Gran is actually doing better! She improved while we were gone and she has been moved to the rehab facility here in my town until she can gain more strength and walk on her own again. She's back to her old self and was joking around. She said that the guys in PT were really good looking and the doctor was hot! LOL She was also given a stuffed monkey this morning and said she was going to take it to PT with her so she could "show them her MONKEY"! I about peed my pants laughing at her. Oh my gracious was that funny.

Now, about our trip to the mountains....basically we hiked a little, went on a train ride for Tori and went to the Biltmore Estate....and drove on many a winding mountain road. Our first cabin was nice, the second one sucked and we came home a day early because I was miserable from the uncomfortable beds in the last cabin. I now have a stiff neck and shoulder from it and I'm on muscles relaxers and Tylenol. Bluck. I was so ready to come home. It was not a spectacular vacation like we had hoped. And I'm actually glad it didn't snow now. Okay, no more whining...

Did I miss anything major? I scrolled through 3 pages, but that's all I can manage at the moment.

cindi
01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Mary, I'm so happy about your gran..she sounds like a hoot!]
sorry your vacation wasn't as good as you'd hoped. come join us in chat
:)

My3Ds
01-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Glad you are home safe and sound. Super news about your gram and the monkey made me pimp. She sounds like a hoot.

teabear
01-02-2009, 08:17 PM
So glad to hear your Gran is better. It's been pretty quiet around here.

Christie
01-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear she is doing well!!!! That was great news to come home to after a not so great vacation!

iloveflipflops
01-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Welcome back Mary!! I'm so happy to hear your gran is doing better. That's great news. Sorry you did not see any snow ... you didn't did you? its cold here now though.... I just did an update for ya on a separate post...

Nancy
01-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome back and glad you had a little of a good time. sometimes just change of scenery does wonders for a person. I always take my own pillow when I travel and that helps. It gets put into a suitcase first. - Nancy

Firecracker
01-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Good news about your gran. Her spirits sound very good. I'm sorry your vacation wasn't great. Hugs, Heather

Paula Carden
01-02-2009, 10:20 PM
It snowed today (and ice ) so it is good you left a day early- sorry your cabin was bad-who owns it. The train ride is pretty nice -we like to go in the fall when the colors are so pretty.
Glad your gran is on the mend too- Glad you had a safe trip.

maxiesmom
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Well YEAH! that your grandma is doing better, that is so great! And pretty funny too! Boo that your winter vacation was a bummer. Hope the aches and pains go away quickly.
Welcome back!

Vintagegal
01-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Welcome home, Mary! I'm glad that your grandma is doing better. Glinda must've talked to someone up in heaven, and asked them to let your grandma stay for a little while longer. :)

loobylou
01-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Good to hear your Gran is on the mend. Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation! I hope you feel better soon Mary.

shadoob
01-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome back, Mary. Your Gran sounds like a hoot - good for her!
I agree that you need a vacation from your vacation though. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mrs. Fence
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm glad your Gran is doing better. She sounds like fun! I'm sorry your vacation wasn't all you had hoped for, but I'm glad to see your smiling face back at the Shack!

Tantalize
01-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Glad to hear she's doing better and that you got home safely.