PDA

View Full Version : Who has their airline tickets and who has looked into ticket prices

iloveflipflops
01-04-2009, 01:14 PM
to Shackapalooza?

I am checking into flights, just in case I fly. I have some frequent flyer miles I can use from my Mastercard and they will expire May 1st so my DH said I should use them up. I can fly for $15 ROUNDTRIP as long as the ticket is less than $300 and I can pick any airline. That's how I flew to the Boston, MA show last summer and it worked out great.

I do think the flights have gone down. I priced for me and the flights were about $260 RT from Charlotte into Detroit.

tojoco
01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I just checked again . . . Memphis to Detroit $357 RT with 1 stop in Chicago. Egads that's still too high.

shadoob
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
remember to use kayak.com as they search many airlines and use several search engines. It saves lots of time. and no, I don't yet know how I am getting there. I thought of driving (am I insane??) but I will only do that if others join me from the area--Nebraska, Missouri, Salina..other wise I will fly.

directmailscrapper
01-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Roundtrip from Baltimore to Detroit -- $183 on Southwest. Flying in Thursday am and out Sunday afternoon.

Nancy
01-04-2009, 01:38 PM
When are those dates again? - Nancy

GrammaStamper
01-04-2009, 01:53 PM
When are those dates again? - Nancy

Check out this thread for dates, Nancy.

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22720

It says when and where.

workin4stamps
01-04-2009, 01:59 PM
No flying for me. I practically live next door! LOL. At today's gas prices, and in my newer more fuel efficient vehicle, it will cost me approximately $7 one way to drive there! Can't beat that!!

:-)

cindi
01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm doing that kayak.com thing right now..it's been searching for at least 10 minutes..this can't be good, can it?
:)

suzi_f
01-04-2009, 02:18 PM
remember to use kayak.com as they search many airlines and use several search engines. It saves lots of time. and no, I don't yet know how I am getting there. I thought of driving (am I insane??) but I will only do that if others join me from the area--Nebraska, Missouri, Salina..other wise I will fly.

I am planning on driving from StL area. I have a van & plenty of room. I just may have to take an EXTRA day off, drive down to Memphis & get Joanne & then we can "meet you in St Louie, Louie!" Gee, I'm getting sleepy just THINKING about driving. LOL

tojoco
01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I am planning on driving from StL area. I have a van & plenty of room. I just may have to take an EXTRA day off, drive down to Memphis & get Joanne & then we can "meet you in St Louie, Louie!" Gee, I'm getting sleepy just THINKING about driving. LOL

I am seriously thinking about driving up to you, Suzi. I've got a road trip to Tampa, Florida with DH in March and I'm flying up to Philadelphia in May so airfare to Detroit in April is most likely out of the question. If I want to go to Shackapaloosa, it will most likely be driving there. I will definitely let you know. I already made plans to room with Amy (scraphappy908) but we could see if there is a room that will fit 3 or 4 people. If Amy doesn't mind, I think the more the merrier.

suzi_f
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I am seriously thinking about driving up to you, Suzi. I've got a road trip to Tampa, Florida with DH in March and I'm flying up to Philadelphia in May so airfare to Detroit in April is most likely out of the question. If I want to go to Shackapaloosa, it will most likely be driving there. I will definitely let you know. I already made plans to room with Amy (scraphappy908) but we could see if there is a room that will fit 3 or 4 people. If Amy doesn't mind, I think the more the merrier.

I'm rooming w/Tami (I think that's who Sherri told me??? I hate being old!) so that's no prob. We will get you to StL even if I have to drive you here myself. Seriously!!! Ok, this would be funny: what if DH had an audit trip to Memphis the week before Shakapaloosa?!?! Then he could drive you uo here!!

tojoco
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm rooming w/Tami (I think that's who Sherri told me??? I hate being old!) so that's no prob. We will get you to StL even if I have to drive you here myself. Seriously!!! Ok, this would be funny: what if DH had an audit trip to Memphis the week before Shakapaloosa?!?! Then he could drive you uo here!!

That would be great but then I'd have to hitchhike back home. LOL

tojoco
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm going to do a mapquest from Memphis to St. Louis right now. I think it's like 5 hours.

tojoco
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey Cheryl, it's only 4 hours from Lawrence to St. Louis. Less time then Memphis to St. Louis and I'm seriously thinking of doing it. We could both meet at Suzi's house and all drive in together. Wouldn't that be fun?

iloveflipflops
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Suzi, I thought you can't drive more than 2 hours without napping!!! This is a long way for you isn't it?????

tojoco
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Suzi, I thought you can't drive more than 2 hours without napping!!! This is a long way for you isn't it?????

If Cheryl meets us there will be 3 drivers so we could switch off every 2 hours. Between Cheryl and Suzi, I think I'd be peeing in my pants the entire trip. I think they are both hilarious.

mydogstinks2
01-04-2009, 03:35 PM
How fun!! A road trip! That is what We( me, Robin, Mindy) did when we all go together in NC a few years ago. The cost for each of us there and back was like $30! What a deal!

shuggy
01-04-2009, 11:33 PM
i got mine a while ago. can't wait!!!

midnitecreations
01-04-2009, 11:45 PM
At this rate, there should be thread to see who's driving and what route. Then maybe I might be able to thumb a ride! Though I didn't say I was coming when the event was planned, so I might get there and then find myself with no place to sleep!! lol

ccstampin12
01-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Lesa, Cindi and I hope to arrive on Wednesday. I have no idea where to fly into. We have NO Shackies available that day to meet us or pick us up, so we will have to rent a car and hopefully, find our way to Angola.
That part is making me fret! LOL
Joanie

scraphappy908
01-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Oh my gosh! That would be a blast. I love pajama parties...the more the merrier!
I know things are tight all over but I do hope everyone can make it. We had soooo much fun last year! I'll keep my fingers, toes and anything else crossed just to have everything work out for all.