PDA

View Full Version : Challenge - Recycle those old calendars into envelopes

iloveflipflops
01-06-2009, 11:19 AM
This was so easy to do if you have an envelope template. Take your old calendars and make them into envelopes.

They come out so cute and I now have to use mine and not "hoard" them to myself!! LOL

Come on, I know you can do it :). Its fun!!!

Spartymom
01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Ok, this is funny! I did this last week (when you orignally posted this topic) witht the girls Shrek and Tinkerbell calendars. I was able to make 4 before they saw what I was doing and didn't want their old calendars being used for envelopes. Funny. I was able to mail out the 4 I had! oops, guess I should've asked them first if I could use them. Bad MOM.

Christie
01-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I have saved mine but haven't done anything with them yet. Can you tell me is your calendar full size? I also would like the size you are using for yours. I'm sure difficult to day aren't I! LOL!!

Nancy
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Tear open an old envelope for the size you need and trace accordingling, try to have the cute picture on the front. Does this help? - Nancy

Far North
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Ah-h thanks Sherri for this bringing up this great idea last week. I sent out an e-mail to my co-workers and recieved a stack of wall calendars needing recycling. I can't wait to get started.

Christie
01-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Tear open an old envelope for the size you need and trace accordingling, try to have the cute picture on the front. Does this help? - Nancy

Nope! LOL!!! I have done that and I can't get the picture straight on the front.

Christie
01-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I need someone to measure their A2 size template and give me the measurments....please!!!!!!!

Trishlvscards
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Christie I am with you. I can't get mine centered in the front either. Also when I tear the calendar it doesn't tear nice it is all jagged.

cindi
01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Christie I am with you. I can't get mine centered in the front either. Also when I tear the calendar it doesn't tear nice it is all jagged.

I use the creat-a-lope template, I have the 6x6 size, and I trace around the template with a stylist and cut it on my paper trimmer, then I always have nice smooth edges.
HTH
:)

midnitecreations
01-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I saved my Betty Boop calendar to do this. I was wondering though about the postage area. Does it matter that it's got so much print on it?

Christie
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I saved my Betty Boop calendar to do this. I was wondering though about the postage area. Does it matter that it's got so much print on it?

I was thinking you could always use the back where it's folded and just stick a label on it!

iloveflipflops
01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
See if you can see these envelopes templates at Splitcoast. The one will work too. If it doesn't open up for some reason, i will try and save it as a pdf file.. let me know

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319951

Far North
01-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I am going to use a recyled piece of heavy clear packaging plastic and cut it the size of the evelope front to use as my viewfinder to determine the best position for the front. Fold the calendar over it to make the rectangle front. Then open flat and lay an open envelope overtop to use as the template for drawing cutting lines.

cindi
01-06-2009, 02:46 PM
good idea Jan!!
:)

iloveflipflops
01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Come to think of it Jan, that is what Erin did for me ... so my envelopes come out perfect each time.

Christie
01-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I am going to use a recyled piece of heavy clear packaging plastic and cut it the size of the evelope front to use as my viewfinder to determine the best position for the front. Fold the calendar over it to make the rectangle front. Then open flat and lay an open envelope overtop to use as the template for drawing cutting lines.

Great idea!!!

loobylou
01-06-2009, 05:44 PM
we have an envelope template here at the Shack. Pascale made it for us. It's in the user contributions of the templates section.
I have a couple of plastic templates I bought . They are made by "one heart one mind". I got the one for tall skinny cards, and also regular card size.

Spartymom
01-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Did we talk about using magazines for this? I just used a page from a magazine to do an envelope. Came out really good. It was a bit thinner than a calendar page, so I just cut another page from the mag. and glued together.

loobylou
01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I use junk mail catalogs too, for kids birthdays, with adverts for their favourite things.

djc
01-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a ton of calendars, but I don't have any cute ones like yours. I saved them thinking I'd use them for a technique I saw where you stamp on the calendar or other good-quality printed paper and then made some kind of mosaic. I don't even remember. I think I saw it when looking through the Carol Duvall programs online.

Your envelopes are darling!

Renu, I don't think it matters about the images and print around the postage. I know that when I see mail art in the letters-to-the-editor section of magazines, I've wondered about the same thing, but it doesn't seem to matter. The editors received the mail just fine.

Daria