PDA

View Full Version : Any Fun Plans for the Weekend?

MidwestStamper
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Tomorrow morning we'll be taking about 8 boxes of videos, DVDs, books and CDs to the Animal Humane Society for their annual sale. These are all from my brother's house, and he was a big fan of the Animal Humane Society--so he would be glad that some of his 'stuff' is going to help them! We could probably give them many more boxes, but this is all we could get organized before their deadline.

Then in the afternoon I need to do some shopping, for clothes and birthday cards.

On Sunday we'll be taking my Mom to her home Church and then taking her out to Lunch to celebrate her 90th Birthday! Her actual Birthday is next Wednesday (14th).

Her two sisters and one of my older cousins will coming too. Then we'll go back to her house for cake and ice cream. This day (Jan. 11th) will also be exactly one year since my Dad died, so we don't want Mom to be alone!

Later on Sunday is the premeire of '24' so we'll be sure to be watching that!

Here's a picture of my Mom with her 'boys' L to R:My son Andrew, my brother Don, my son Daniel. This was actually taken last Memorial Day when we were visiting my Dad's grave--where my brother is now ironically buried next to him.

teabear
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
It sounds like a great family weekend, Lidia. I love that you are donating in your brother's memory to such a great cause.

I have absolutely no plans beyond a lunch date with my hubby today to celebrate my birthday. I am trying to get ready for CHA, so I have some things on my plate for that.

tesschap
01-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you have an awesome family weekend planned. I hope it goes just the way you want it to.

No big plans here. I would like DH to go ice fishing tomorrow so that I can spend the better part of the day cleaning out a cabinet in the laundry room so that we can move it to my stamping area. I have done zero stamping as I am so unorganized and I need to tackle this in order to get my mojo back. We are eating out tonight as I am refusing to cook and we're ordering in on Sunday - pizza, wings, and snacks - to watch playoff football. Hopefully this means I'll get more organizing and maybe some stamping done on Sunday as well.

Vintagegal
01-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Happy Birthday to your mom, Lidia!

Tami.....have fun on your date. How sweet! And, Teresa....I hope you get your cabinet cleaned out. More storage space....aaaaaah!

We don't have any big plans. I want to work on a swap, stamp out a few images for a Shackie friend, and perhaps catch "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith.

iloveflipflops
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Well, the Carolina Panthers play in the play offs tomorrow night so we will all be watching that I am sure (not sure I will be but i will be on here and checking the score). No other plans. I hope to get stamping done. I want to submit more cards :)

Christie
01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
The only plans I want to have is to go the movies. Other then that maybe some crafting.

tesschap
01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
The only plans I want to have is to go the movies. Other then that maybe some crafting.

What movie are you going to see?

cecescraps
01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I have to get up at 5:40 am tomorrow to take Merritt to swim practice at 6:30. Then, home and I'll pack Patrick's cooler w/ healthy food and drinks for his wrestling tournament. Back to pick Merritt up from swim practice at 8:30. Then, off to Patrick's wrestling tournament until around 3pm. Probably do some housework (get the rest of the Christmas decorations put away~ I hope) and then, Merritt, Patrick and I are going to dinner and then we're working from 7pm-9pm packing meals for "Feed My Starving Children" as a community outreach through Merritt's swim club. Sunday go to church and then, hopefully clean and organize various areas in the house. My goal is to have our house on the market by Feb. 1st. :)