PDA

View Full Version : Copic Certification Anyone?

kerry
01-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I just received an email from Marianne from Copic with all the certification schedules. She asked me to pass on the information to anyone who was interested since I already have my certification.

Upcoming classes include:

Anaheim Certification, CHA, Jan 23 or 24th. Taught by Marianne. I still have a few spaces, open to general public!. Call now to register.

Feb 20th New Orleans, LA (This is the weekend of Mardi Gras so you can come and party!)

Feb 23rd Pensacola, FL graciously hosted by Flourishes. Both classes taught by Marianne. This will be a whole weekend of classes and a big event so come to either the New Orleans class or the Pensacola class and participate in the fun with Flourishes. (Flourishes event info available from Flourishes). Registration opens Late next week

Feb 22nd, Long Branch, NJ taught by Sally Lynn

March 1st, Topsfield MA, Hosted by Absolutely Everything, taught by Sally Lynn.

March 15th, Camp Hill, PA taught by Sally Lynn. These classes are each in conjunction with larger weekends of crafting, so contact Sally Lynn for more details. E-mail with appliaction is going out today, Complete and return this application, then call to register.

March 19th New London CT (formerly Westport, CT) Taught by Marianne, co-taught by Sally Lynn, project-based class in the evening to follow.

March 23 Rochester, NY Taught by Marianne

March 24 Toronto, Ont. Taught by Marianne, Co-taught by Sherrie Siemens. Open to any store, teacher, or design team member Registration opens Late next week

March 25th Toronto, Ont. Taught by Sherrie, assisted by Marianne. Open only to Open Page Wholesale accounts. Contact Open Page to register.

Sherrie will also be available to teach workshops or make-n-takes on this trip in the Toronto area, so if your store is interested, please contact her for arranging your store's event.

Upcoming in April, May, June:
April - Salt Lake City, UT date TBA Taught by Marianne. join the mailing list!
April 19th Kingsport TN Taught by Sally Lynn join the mailing list!
April 26th Chino, CA Taught by Sally Lynn join the mailing list!
May - Possible Louisville, KY, taught by Marianne join the mailing list!
June 28th Durham, NC Taught by Sally Lynn join the mailing list!

The application and the iteneraries are attached.

Kerry

iloveflipflops
01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Durham is too far to go for me ... boo hoo hoo

mom_on_line
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I didn't know you can get certified for copics. Out of curiosty, what does it entail and then what can you do with it after you're certified?

kerry
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, being certified is something you can put on your 'crafty' resume and you can promote yourself as one if you are interested in teaching classes.

For me, I was interested in the class whether or not it was for certification. I learned a lot of cool techniques from Marianne (the Copic guru) and had a great time working with other stampers. Class members were able to test out techniques using a variety of materials, learn about the special characteristics and capabilities of the Copic products, and also received some nice goodies in the class. I believe the value of the goodies was approximately 3/4 the cost of the class itself so that was a good deal to me.

Kerry

tesschap
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I received Marianne's email also and am thinking of taking the class in Topsfield MA on March 1st (I think that's the date) or in Rochester NY on March 23rd. I have been building my Copic inventory by way of Gina K.'s Copic marker club and would like to learn more about how to use them properly.

mom_on_line
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh, I see. Like CKU except this is a bit different. I'd love to learn more about using them but the closest to me is Anahiem and I've already got commitments on those dates. One of these days.........

Thanks for the info!

kerry
01-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Remember, if you take the class, you don't HAVE to bring your supply of markers. I did take mine and was lucky because her shipment of supplies wasn't delivered by UPS until later in the day...Everyone was "playing" with my markers until the UPS man showed up.

Kerry

spredbirds
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
seems like there is not much here in the Midwest.

AngelEllie
03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I wish there was some classes in the midwest..like Minneapolis! LOL

logcabincreations
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
If everything works out with my schedule, I'm going to the one in Durham on June 28 :)

Nancy
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I still havent seen them around here and they weren't at the stamp convention last week. In two weeks is another one, so I'l check to see if they are there. - Nancy

LaurieU
03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm so there next time they come to Seattle!

I did go to a LSS copic class and learned a few things - but thought the instructor wasn't all that great.

scrubbybubbles
12-31-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm so happy because I got accepted to a local Copic Certification class that's coming to our city in January 2010. In addition, 2 of my local buddies got accepted as well so, I'm really looking forward to it! :)

kerry
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
You'll have fun. Hopefully you won't be waiting for the UPS guy to show up with all the stuff! We waited, and waited, and waited...Then he came and it was like he was delivering precious life supporting organs or something!

scrubbybubbles
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Hahahahaha....I hear ya!! I HATE waiting!!!

pjpants
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
What was the cost of the class?

kerry
02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
If I remember correctly it was like 75.00 USD or so...An all day event and well worth it. Even got a hotel room and shared it with a stamping buddy.