PDA

View Full Version : Sherry

tojoco
10-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Is there an easy way to print out the member address list and as someone adds to it we could just print out the last page OR can we make a column in the Member List category for all of our addresses. Then when we see a birthday on the calendar we can switch over to the member list and their address would be right there???

lost luggage
10-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Sorry to be a wet sock, but I am not sure if I want my home address on display for the cyber world to see...

Sherry
10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi Joanne,

There really isn't any other way to get a hardcopy list of addresses unless you physically print them from the address forum. Most people, including myself, would be opposed to having their address displayed publicly, especially where unregistered users have access to the member list. The only other option would be to have someone manage a database that could be updated and sent out monthly.

Hope this has answered your question.

Sherry

tojoco
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Maybe I'm confused but what's to stop someone from going on to The Stamp Shack website, clicking on the Forums, and then clicking on Member Addresses? A computer literate person has many ways to find your address if they want to. I can even find your phone number and I am not a "high-tech" person.

In any event, I would be happy to keep our member list with personal information and do a broadcast email to everyone if all agree.

Can I get some feedback on this please before I get started. Thanks

lost luggage
10-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't see the "Member Addresses" area off the forum link....where is it?

tojoco
10-20-2006, 08:46 PM
It's right after Stamping Resources.

Erin K
10-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Maybe I'm confused but what's to stop someone from going on to The Stamp Shack website, clicking on the Forums, and then clicking on Member Addresses? A computer literate person has many ways to find your address if they want to. I can even find your phone number and I am not a "high-tech" person.

In any event, I would be happy to keep our member list with personal information and do a broadcast email to everyone if all agree.

I would really appreciate it if you ran an address list! that's my feedback.

Sherry
10-20-2006, 08:48 PM

Hi Joanne,

Nothing really prevents a person from having access to the address list, however, regular users cannot see the list unless the specifically subscribe to be a member of the birthday forum. So, no, it's not secure but it is a bit more secure than having the addresses posted on the members list :)

Sherry

tojoco
10-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Gotcha Sherry!

iloveflipflops
10-20-2006, 09:03 PM
as I have NO IDEA where to even start. I still can't see the addresses (although I haven't looked that well either).

lost luggage
10-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I got it now... Guess I am comfortable enough with people wishing me Happy Birthday on the site...