PDA

View Full Version : Tracey/Mrs. Fence - I just made your corn chowder - YUMMY!

tesschap
01-18-2009, 04:43 PM
I made your corn chowder today. It is so good. DH thought it needed a little something so I added some Frank's Red Hot sauce to his bowl and he was very happy. Thanks for sharing.

cindi
01-18-2009, 04:45 PM
did she post her recipe? I always like to see how people make it, seems like we all do it differently
:)

tesschap
01-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Tracey pm'd me. She said she didn't have a recipe but gave me directions of how she makes her corn chowder. I did the same thing, except added carrot.

Here's what I did:

Covered 8 medium potatoes with water (you can also use chicken broth), add diced onion, and some garlic. I also added two handfuls of baby carrots . Cook until tender. DO NOT DRAIN. I added one large bag of frozen corn to the vegetables and cooked until the corn was warm. Then I added 1/2 stick of butter and 2/3 of a quart of half and half. Once it was heated through I added some salt, pepper, basil, and a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce. I did add a few splashes of Franks Red Hot sauce to DH's bowl and it was pretty good although I don't know if the rest of the family will like the bite. It was easy and took no time once the potatoes cooked.

(I mashed the potatoes and carrots with a potato masher before I added the half and half).

tojoco
01-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Oooooo this does sound delicious. I may have to give this a try.

cindi
01-18-2009, 05:23 PM
does sound yummy! it is a little different than this way the half french girl makes it, but different is good sometimes...livens things up
:)

cecescraps
01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
MMMMMMM... maybe I'll make this instead of ordering Chinese tonite.

Mrs. Fence
01-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Glad you liked it, Teresa! I love hot soups and chowders on cold winter days!