PDA

View Full Version : Cheryl, Jet-lag and a new friend...

shadoob
01-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi Ladies,
Sorry this is long..... :cute:

I am back in the good ole' US of A! I had such a marvelous trip. I would bore you with all the details...but oh, what a great adventure!

I LOVED meeting Frankiesue! I would so like to live near her, as I think we could talk and laugh for hours and hours. What an incredible treat to meet Sue - and oh how she spoiled me with gifts!!!! I am attaching a photo of shea nd I and another of us with our girls.
(as a side note- the girls were both there to kind of protect their moms from "a person they met on the internet"...funny - and then they went off shopping together....I dont know if they approved of us or if they just thought we were both stamping nuts who deserved each other!! lol)

I ended up having very little time on the internet, so I have not read the many posts...if Sherri kept notes I'll definitely be reading those.

Some of the highlights: I did fall in love with London, and the Lourve (sp?) in Paris, and seeing my dd, meeting Frankiesue, meeting lovely people, being awe struck by the choral evensong at St Pauls Cathedral (oh, the angelic voices of worship......).

I so enjoyed my trip...I even did some work, went to a couple of classes/meetings and got my way out of being lost several times and figured out how to buy another phone after I killed mine with the wrong converter...
anyway...I'm glad to be back. I missed all of you.

Robinkay
01-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome back Cheryl....glad to have you home!!! I think Sherri did take notes for you.
BTW great pics!

jazzypurple853
01-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Glad to see that you made it home safe and sound. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Would love to see some more pictures from your trip.

limeyscrapper
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Welcome home Cheryl. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your trip so much and of course it's always an extra treat to meet up with a fellow "Shackie".

logcabincreations
01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Your trip sounds heavenly

iloveflipflops
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Welcome back!! Did I take notes? You bet i did... like 50 pages! LOL

We were very chatty while you were gone.

I even emailed you the notes. How's that for personal service? They are also on the Stamp Shack here somewhere.

logcabincreations
01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
By the way Cheryl.....that is some interesting food on your table....ummmm what is it? Are those tall bottles of water??

shadoob
01-22-2009, 09:47 AM
I shall go check my email and then stroll through the pages I've missed here...THANK YOU, SHERRI!!! wowie zowie!
As for the food, I had rice and vegetables and chicken (after I learned the British names for vegetables common to me) Sue- what did you eat? The bottles are water..you have to buy water everywhere....such a strange concept to me.
I'm so nutty that if I drank wine, Lord only knows what a ditz I'd be!

tesschap
01-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome home Cheryl. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I'm also curious about the food on your lunch table!

GrammaStamper
01-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Glad you enjoyed yourself. Love the pics. London is fabulous and I hope to get there soon to see my DD.

cindi
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
welcome back!! I mised you. It sounds like a trip of a lifetime. so glad you had so much fun!
:)

teabear
01-22-2009, 10:56 AM
It sounds like a wonderful trip. So happy you got to go. That's so funny that your dd's were there to protect you both and then went off shopping together.

Vintagegal
01-22-2009, 01:03 PM
It sounds like a short but awesome trip!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You ladies look like you really had a blast!!

tojoco
01-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Welcome home Cheryl. Glad you had a great trip and your pictures are awesome. So happy that you got a chance to meet a fellow shackie.

frankiesue
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Glad to see you've made it back safe and sound....... I knew you'd fall in love with the Louvre it is fantastic.........

Artyfarty
01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyy...welcome back and what fab pics...must say wow at the size of the bowl on your pic hee hee....so glad ya had a blast, fun time , so sorry I could,nt join but next time eh xxxxxxxxxx