PDA

View Full Version : Palooza Bad News!

ccstampin12
01-23-2009, 08:14 PM
It is with regret that I tell you all that Lesa and I will not be attending Shackapalooza '09. It's my fault.....
I just can't come up with enough $$$ this year.
As you know, our younger DD is getting married in Aug. and we have to bring our older DD and the grandkids back from Greece.
I have to fly to CA for the shower, and older DD flies out for the bachelorette party. There will be other trips in between to and from CA.
I'm paying for DD's wedding gown and the invitations.
I hope you all understand, and won't feel like I let everyone down.
I know we'll be feeling outside the 'loop' again this year when April comes around, but I just cannot justify spending that money this year!
I'm sad.
HUGS
Joanie:cry2:

iloveflipflops
01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
((((((hugs))))))))))))))

allinkdup
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
completely understandable plus, I don't think you are the only one that won't be able to go. I am hoping & crossing my fingers as it is all going to depend on our tax return now :)

tojoco
01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes I agree. This seems like it's going to be a bad year for quite a few of us -- moneywise. I have a trip to Florida in March and a trip To Philadelphia in May and without any income from me, it's going to be tough trying to get to Palooza. I know that I'm going to regret not being there and I'm still going to try but it's not looking all that good. I wish there was some way we could have more "closer to home" meet-ups.

cindi
01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
well since my new England girls have stated thay cant make it, I'll tell everyone now, that I can't either. i pm-ed Shadoob and Chris that I just can't get it together.
I can't get this trip for under a $1000.00. thats just too much for me right now. am going to miss all you girls, and I'm very sorry..I never would have thought I couldn't do it.
I'm so sad ..this stinks
:(

shadoob
01-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Hugs to you ladies...I'm sad for you and for me...I wanted to spend time with you. DARN!
Perhaps another time....I really do believe that everything works out for the best in the end.....It just stinks sometimes in the middle.
hugs again....

GrammaStamper
01-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Totally understand, Joanie. Now that we're on 'retirement' income, I'm finding out that money spent in one spot can't be spent in another spot. For the first time in a long time, I have to make choices and make them wisely.

scraphappy908
01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Things are tough all over for so many people. It is totally understandable that some of you have to back out. Even though you may not be there in person, we know you will be there in spirit. (((((GROUP HUGS )))))

logcabincreations
01-24-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm sorry I won't get to meet you all who can't come...I was so looking forward to it, but also understand.

suzi_f
01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Chris, is this going to cause problems w/our reservations?? I realize we'll have to pay more for the "cropping" room but are we ok on everything else??

directmailscrapper
01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
:-( We'll miss you and all of the others who hoped to come but can't -- and those who never planned to come in the first place! We'll be thinking of you, you can be sure of that!

MidwestStamper
01-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Those of us who are not going will have to try our best to keep the MB going while you all are gone!

spredbirds
01-25-2009, 08:57 AM
bummer ... we will definitely miss you guys but it is totally understandable!! (((HUGS "from a far")))