PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't look like we're selling our house in FL anytime soon

iloveflipflops
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
so DH has this great idea to spend about 6-8 weeks down there once school gets out in June. I guess I can't complain ... I will just be quiet about it. Just because its the hottest time of year ... lol

tojoco
01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh Sherri. I wish I could spend 6-8 weeks in Florida especially if it's right there on the beach. But who knows, maybe we'll be living in Florida permanently next year. Maybe you could just stay in the nice air-conditioned house and stamp the whole time you're down there.

cindi
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
what a bout renting it out in the winterr months?? might as well make some money on it. I'll bet there are property management companys there that will take care of it for you.
:)

cecescraps
01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
AMMMMMMMMMMm.... when is this party in Fl??? I think we should have a Stamp Shack Girls weekend real soon! It's been above freezing ONE day in January and too many to count below 20 degrees!! FL sounds heavenly to me right now!!

iloveflipflops
01-26-2009, 08:01 PM
That would be great but we have NO FURNITURE! LOL I have no idea how we are going to stay down there that long. We have a small guest house over the garage and we all (meaning ALL 4 of us) stay in it. I never even cook while we're there. We can't eat out every meal, that will be expensive.... something to think about that's for sure!

Christie
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
You'd have to have some kind of furniture to stay that long! Maybe that is something you should point out to him!

stampcrazyjulie
01-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Sherri....we don't need a lot of room....we can sleep by the pool....right Girls?! ;)

Eating out would not only be expensive after 6 weeks, but think of all the pounds that you will gain..... Not that I would complain.....

You could always rent some cheap furniture, but then that would really cut into the STAMP money! (LOL!) Bean Bags maybe?!

spredbirds
01-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Any good stamp stores down there???? All you need are some chairs and some tables for stamping ... we'll come pass the time with you :)

You think the kids are going to be ok with being away from their friends for that long???

iloveflipflops
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I do wonder about that too. Of course, they still have their friends down there. Can you see Ladybug and Tudi cooped up with us over the garage? That room is getting smaller and smaller. I forgot about having to bring them. I could never leave them at the kennel that long...

cindi
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
hmm..Maybe just dh needs to spend the summer down there! the rest of you can visit as you wish..ya thats a good plan
:snowblink: