1 4-5 pound chicken
2 tsp salt ( I use 1 tsp)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp ceyenne & black pepper

remove pouch from inside chicken. cut as much of teh skin off the chicken as you can. mix all seasonings together & rub it all over the chicken. Put bird breast side down in crock pot. Do not add any liqiud. cover & cook 4 to 5 hours on high.

This is so good, better than rotissorie chicken, I think. when it's done there will be some very dark flavorful juices in the crock pot, if you add a little sour cream to it after you remove the chicken, it will make a great sauce. Also you can use it like pan juices and make gravy.
I can't remember where I got this recipe..was it a shackie? anyways it's yummy and it's cooking in my crock pot right now
:)

Rebecca
01-28-2009, 04:19 PM
mmm sounds very good Cindi, I am going to try this. I bet your kitchen smells very good.

Mrs. Fence
01-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I made one recently and it is DELICIOUS! (Thank you very much for the recipe, Cindi) Plus, it is so easy.

scrappinnuts
01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I have to try this...it sounds wonderful...TFS

Christie
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
this sounds like one of my recipes. I think I used it once for a recipe swap. If it is then the chicken is really good!! It's one of my favs!

Inkisallover
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
This sounds wonderful! I'm always looking for new chicken and crockpot recipes.

workin4stamps
02-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I am making Cindi's chicken today!! I am counting down the hours until I can put it in the crockpot! I don't want it to be ready until about 6.

Rebecca
02-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm making this today too! I can't wait, it smells soooo yummy.

jazzypurple853
02-15-2009, 07:24 PM
This sounds like an easy recipe to make. I'm gonna have to try this.

tesschap
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I made it a few nights ago and it was a big hit. YUMMY!

Rebecca
02-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh boy the chicken was so good. It was very moist, it fell off the bones. Was a big hit with DH. Thanks Cindi for the great recipe.

midnitecreations
02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
This sounds so easy and yummy. I'm going to try this one too!

tesschap
02-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I think I'm going to mix a large batch of the spices and keep it handy so that when I want to make dinner I just have to rub it on the chicken and put in the crockpot.

cindi
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
I think I'm going to mix a large batch of the spices and keep it handy so that when I want to make dinner I just have to rub it on the chicken and put in the crockpot.

Teresa, thats a great idea!! I think I'll do that too

Far North
02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Has any tried to cook this on low for a longer time so it cooks while you are at work??

tojoco
02-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Has any tried to cook this on low for a longer time so it cooks while you are at work??

Jan,

When I made mine, I cooked it on low all day and it was just as great. The chicken fell off the bone.

maxiesmom
03-07-2009, 03:29 PM

Jan,

When I made mine, I cooked it on low all day and it was just as great. The chicken fell off the bone.

Oh sure, NOW I see these two posts! I wanted to do this the other day but wasn't sure if it would be too long to cook it. Oh well, the chicken was still frozen anyway. It's cooking now, I'll report back later.

midnitecreations
03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm trying this chicken today. It really does sound yummy

Erin K
03-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I wanna make one!

midnitecreations
03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Erin, just putting the spices on that chicken looked good. Taking the skin off took some time, but it wasn't that bad. Wonder if you can just buy the whole chicken without the skin? Probably isn't worth the extra money, huh.

midnitecreations
03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I just had this for dinner. It's so easy to make and is very very good. My DH loved it and my oldest made sandwiches out of it. My youngest wasn't in the mood for it. I guess it didn't come with fries!! I do have a question. How do you take it out of the crockpot without it totally falling apart?

cindi
03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
I just had this for dinner. It's so easy to make and is very very good. My DH loved it and my oldest made sandwiches out of it. My youngest wasn't in the mood for it. I guess it didn't come with fries!! I do have a question. How do you take it out of the crockpot without it totally falling apart?

well thats a tough one. I use a large wide spatula and a big wooden spoon, It still usually breaks in half but mostly stays together that way. I'm glad you & your family liked it