PDA

View Full Version : Palooza in the Comfort of your Own Home

spredbirds
01-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I know that a lot of people are sad that they will not be able to be at Palooza this year. I have an idea and really want to get people's opinions on whether you would be interested in this.

At Palooza, we do projects that we call "shoebox projects" ... each project is supplied by a participant and they bring all of the supplies for that project with them in a "shoebox". We also have nice instructions on how to make the project. At the end of the weekend you really go home with some nice projects and ideas.

Would there be an interest from any Shackie not going to Palooza to purchase lets say 10 projects for $10 plus shipping. These 10 projects would range from cards to altered items and you would get a random sampling of the projects that we would be making that weekend. We would pre-stamp the item if it used a particular stamp and supply ALL of supplies to make the project.

This is not by any means a money maker for us .... we just want to cover our costs and share the projects with you. Any excess money made will be put towards our room rental cost at the Inn.

This way you could share in the crafting fun of Palooza and never leave home :) We could also ship internationally to our friends across the pond :)

I hope that I explained this clear enough ... let me know if you have any questions ... and PLEASE vote in the poll ...

Darleneh710
01-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Chelsea, I think this is a great idea. I have never gone, never had the $$...but this sounds cool!

Spartymom
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Geez, Chelsea, this is a great idea! I hope that you guys would really consider this. The projects are really fun and you get to do alot of them.

midnitecreations
01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
That's pretty cool. i'd love to join the fun this way.

frankiesue
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I love this idea................ being this side of the puddle... 10$ (that's 1$ project)seems really reasonable...

hopefully the shipping wouldn't be too much..... well at least i hope its not dearer than the air fare!!

hopefully I'll be able to make it 1 day..............

Rebecca
01-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Chelsea, what a great idea! I would love to join in the fun.

directmailscrapper
01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Talk about the ultimate Virtual Swap! Last year we all received the same image (Riley Moose) and card stock and embellies and had to make a card. We all made such different cards -- it was cool! I think there is a picture of our cards in the Gallery somewhere.

As a shoebox creator -- I would love to make up extras to share! In fact, I have some of my shoebox kits left over from last year!

Mrs. Fence
01-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Sounds like lots of fun! I think it's a great idea.

scraphappy908
01-28-2009, 05:57 PM
That is a great idea! Like Nancy, I have leftover shoe box project kits from last year. I would be happy to add them and make up extras for my shoebox project this year.

limeyscrapper
01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
This is a lovely idea. I would like to join in the fun too.
And i think that price is very reasonable. Thank you Palooza ladies for being willing to share with all of us.

emmcee
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds great to me. I might even be able to talk Sherri and Ellie into joining me, and we could have a mini palooza!

ccstampin12
01-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes!
What a fantastic idea!
I'll join!
Joanie

shadoob
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I love the idea and if I wasnt going to palooza, I'd jump right in. To be honest though, I am kind of terrified of the whole shoe box thing. I can't seem to wrap my head around what I am supposed to do to make the kits...so, once I figure that out, I would be wililng to share with others. Maybe some of the ladies NOT going to Palooza could make up kits as well.....

Patty
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I thnk it sounds great!

Caboverde1
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
that sounds great!
Tonii

Trishlvscards
01-28-2009, 11:36 PM
sounds cool

Paula Carden
01-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Terrific idea! Count me in.

lakeslady
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
YES, YES, Yes and YES. I would love to do this. As Sue says it makes us feel as if we were part of Palooza

ctinyjoy
01-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I would be up for this idea also. I enjoyed getting the postcard from the Palooza gals last year!

mydogstinks2
01-29-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm so glad so many of you love this idea!! The shoe box projects are alot of fun!!

Mrs. Fence
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Sounds great to me. I might even be able to talk Sherri and Ellie into joining me, and we could have a mini palooza!

Good idea! Maybe I could talk Cindi into coming over here with me...Munchies, projects, chocolate...sounds like a plan!

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-29-2009, 07:11 PM
love it, not sure i'd be able to purchase though , maybe by then i could!

spredbirds
03-30-2009, 09:52 PM
If you are interested in this ... please see the "Palooza at Home" on the swap board!