PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to a stamp expo this year?

GotCats?
02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I need a sanity check here. I signed up for 4 expos this year, and I am wondering if that was smart. I am not seeing as many stamp companies signing up along with me. I know it is because of the economy and they think that no one will be attending and buying.

So my question is: Are you planning to attend any expos this year? Will the economy prevent you from attending one that you wanted to go to?

Thanks for the responses--it will definately help me to understand the situation and if I should cancel any.

Christie
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
How do you even find out about expos?

stampcrazyjulie
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I will be going to the ScrapbookUSAExpo here in Utah in April & again in Sept. regardless.... last Sept. I bought several Stamps from Denami Design as well as Lasting Impressions and some Independent Vendors.

I usually only go to the Scrapbook Expo's because a few years back I went to a Rubber Stamp Expo Downtown and it was so small & disappointing.

GotCats?
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
How do you even find out about expos?

Christie-
You can do a google search for "rubber stamp expo" or "rubber stamp festival" and add in your state. You should get some hits. there are some bigger companies that do expos--Heirloom Productions, Stamp Scrap Art Tour, Adventures in Stamping, Stamping by the Bay, etc etc. THere has to be something in your area!

cindi
02-03-2009, 07:37 PM
I hope to!! I am hoping something will come close enough to maine so I can go. I loved the one I went to last year!
:)

allinkdup
02-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I am, but I go to work not to shop. Well, I take that back, I do shop a little when I get a break.

What shows are you signed up for? Maybe we can meet up for dinner Fri. after set up or Sat.?

allinkdup
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Christie....also check out & google these:

SSAT http://www.stampscraparttour.com/

Heirloom http://www.heirloompro.com/

RSSE http://www.rubberstampandscrapbookexpo.com/

Creating Keepsakes

Then some of the others promoters are:
Rusty Barn
Rubberama
A Stamp in the Hand
Stampfest
Midwest Scrapbook
Memory Expo
Mega Meet

I know there are more but these are the ones I have dealt with.

GotCats?
02-04-2009, 06:43 AM
I am, but I go to work not to shop. Well, I take that back, I do shop a little when I get a break.

What shows are you signed up for? Maybe we can meet up for dinner Fri. after set up or Sat.?

So far signed up for Philly/Oaks PA end of March, Allentown beginning of April, Pittsburgh in July, and York in Oct. All in PA cause I don't have enough vacation (or money) to travel.....

Let me know if you'll be at any of them!!

Paula Carden
02-04-2009, 06:55 AM
I plan to go this Sunday for Heirloom Convention hear Atlanta- Lawrenceville.
I almost always attend this one (less than 150 miles from home). It is generally a fantastic show and I hope there will be lots of vendors.
I usually go on Friday and to classes and the make and take on Fri eve, spend the night shop at the show on Sat and come home.
This year I will drive down Sun and come home. I figure for the 100+$$$ to spend that night and buy food etc...I can buy more stamps-so I am looking at ways to save $$ while still enjoying stamping. I like this one because Marco's Paper and The Paper Cut are there and I can stock up. Also usually Endless Creations Stamps-but I don't think she is coming this year.

Paula Carden
02-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I just looked at the web page again and Endless Creations are coming- She has great stamps.

Christie
02-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Christie....also check out & google these:

SSAT http://www.stampscraparttour.com/

Heirloom http://www.heirloompro.com/

RSSE http://www.rubberstampandscrapbookexpo.com/

Creating Keepsakes

Then some of the others promoters are:
Rusty Barn
Rubberama
A Stamp in the Hand
Stampfest
Midwest Scrapbook
Memory Expo
Mega Meet

I know there are more but these are the ones I have dealt with.

Thanks.....I'll have to do some research

teabear
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm going to the Carson show (http://www.astampinthehand.com/) in March this year. It's my first time going to this one, but I've heard so many wonderful things about it that I just have to go. I will spend money there on new things I can't get locally or whatever strikes my fancy. I never spend big loads of cash, so I think my spending will be the same. I usually go to the Heirloom show in Riverside, but didn't this year because it conflicted with CHA. Both of these shows are close enough to do in a day trip, so no overnight costs.

Patty
02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I will be going to the convention in Mass in early June. I go every year and love it. It is about 2 hours from home, so no need to sleep over. I go early and don't leave till it's over--then I rest the next day. Is anyone going to that one? It's at the Big E fairgrounds in Springfield Mass--in the better living center. Last year a bunch of us met there and it was great!!!

tesschap
02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I will be going to the convention in Mass in early June. I go every year and love it. It is about 2 hours from home, so no need to sleep over. I go early and don't leave till it's over--then I rest the next day. Is anyone going to that one? It's at the Big E fairgrounds in Springfield Mass--in the better living center. Last year a bunch of us met there and it was great!!!

I don't think I can make it this year :( My annual 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer is the Sunday of the show this year and I'm sure there will be lots of last minute stuff I'll need to do. I did have a blast last year meeting everyone but June 7th was the only date everyone could agree on for the golf tournament.

Patty
02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
AND, after checking the links in the previous post, I found another one right here in Connecticut--in July--already put that one on my calendar!!

tesschap
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
AND, after checking the links in the previous post, I found another one right here in Connecticut--in July--already put that one on my calendar!!

Where in Connecticut?

Patty
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Where in Connecticut?

At the Connecticut Expo Center--it's in Hartford--not far below Springfield Mass where the other show was.

tesschap
02-04-2009, 01:45 PM
At the Connecticut Expo Center--it's in Hartford--not far below Springfield Mass where the other show was.

Cool - I'll check this one out and see if I can go. Thanks.

ccstampin12
02-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I may go to Springfield...not sure with the wedding coming up, and all.
Joanie

PaperGrace
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm new around this forum..and new to stamping (only about a yr), but through a friend I just found out about the Scrapbook Expo that will be in my area in just a few weeks. Now, I'm not into scrapbooking, but I would like to see what the vendors have to offer. So, my question to you ladies would be....should I go?

cindi
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I have been to 1 scrapping expo, it was fun, but I was very disapointed that only 1 vender had stamps and supplies, and then only very a limited amount. Last year I went to the Mass stampin expo and WOW!! I was in Heaven. So I can't judge for you but for myself, I'll stick to the stamping expos.

PaperGrace
03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks!! That's the kind of info I was looking for! I just don't think I've heard of a Stamping Expo coming through anytime soon. I may have to do some research on who the vendors are and give it a whirl anyway. One time won't kill me...I hope. :D

cindi
03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks!! That's the kind of info I was looking for! I just don't think I've heard of a Stamping Expo coming through anytime soon. I may have to do some research on who the vendors are and give it a whirl anyway. One time won't kill me...I hope. :D

nope it won't kill you, lol!
I did have fun, it just didn't WOW me.

cr8zyscrapper
03-06-2009, 10:48 PM
I used to go to the CK show in Portland, it was good because there was also a stamp show in another hall at the same time but last year they changed it so the stamp show was on a different weekend. I decided last year not to go again, the classes didn't have as many goodies and there wouldn't be the stamp show plus the economy is too scary, not a lot of confidence in the near future for any sort of recovery and who knows if our jobs will be there in six months.

Nancy
03-07-2009, 09:15 AM
The Mesa Convention is this weekend and I will go on Sunday, but don't know what I'll buy, so will be just looking to see whats there and meet up with old friends. In two weeks there is another one in Glendale AZ- Nancy

GotCats?
03-08-2009, 07:29 AM

Sure--go! You'll find vendors with neat brads and die cuts, punches--other fun stuff you can use on cards. Maybe it would be a good way to ease in.....go to a scrap show first, before you hit the "big time" of a stamp expo. My first stamp expo I went hog wild and I think I spent $300!!!!

logcabincreations
03-08-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm new around this forum..and new to stamping (only about a yr), but through a friend I just found out about the Scrapbook Expo that will be in my area in just a few weeks. Now, I'm not into scrapbooking, but I would like to see what the vendors have to offer. So, my question to you ladies would be....should I go?

I've never been to one either, but I would go at least once to see what's there. Plus, I do scrapbook, and I'm sure they would have plenty of pretty pattered paper that can be used on cards, and lots of embellishments.

PaperGrace
03-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Sure--go! You'll find vendors with neat brads and die cuts, punches--other fun stuff you can use on cards. Maybe it would be a good way to ease in.....go to a scrap show first, before you hit the "big time" of a stamp expo. My first stamp expo I went hog wild and I think I spent $300!!!!

Love it!! I think I understand what I need to do now. Only bring ca$h! Leave the checkbook, debit and credit cards at home. I can't spend what I don't have, right?

A stamp expo sounds dangerous. EEP! :D

Artyfarty
03-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Talking of expos we dont have expos here int he uk we have craft n stitch shows which combine both crafting and knitting. Our next big one is in Birmingham at the NEC where me and Frankisue are heading off this weekend to bump our collection of stamps up hopefully. I love browsing this show and seeing all the new stamps and accessories and I also know for sure theres going to be more papers to bring home lol
Someone has to bump start the economy lol and im sure me n Sue will help lol all in a days work for us stampers hee hee

wandasway35
05-23-2009, 09:39 PM
June 6th and 7th Heirloom productions will be in West Springfield,MA at the Eastern States Expo Center ( BIG E) Sat 10-5 and Sun 11-4. I am so excited ! I am taking the day off and cashing in the piggy bank...

cindi
05-23-2009, 09:51 PM
June 6th and 7th Heirloom productions will be in West Springfield,MA at the Eastern States Expo Center ( BIG E) Sat 10-5 and Sun 11-4. I am so excited ! I am taking the day off and cashing in the piggy bank...

Are you going to the west springfield show???? myself & mrs fence are going as well as Patty and tattoo lesa!! oh boy, I love a bunch of shackies!!! we must get organized so we can find each other!