PDA

View Full Version : I just realized that I have a conflict with Shackapalooza!!!

workin4stamps
02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh No!!!!

My sister-in-law is getting married on the 25th (Saturday)!

I am going to have to leave on Saturday morning to come home and get ready for the wedding.

I told Becky that I will come back on Sunday so I can hang out for a bit and then get her home!!

I don't know if anyone is keeping track of this sort of thing or not, but I don't think I'm going to participate in the shoebox projects. I am only saying this because I know how much work it is to prepare those, and I don't want anyone to prepare stuff for me when I won't be doing the projects. I was already on the fence about whether I was going to do them or not, or just work on my own stuff (like early Christmas cards!!!!) So now that I've realized I won't even be there the whole time, I'm just going to opt out if that's okay.

I hope y'all understand!! I can't wait to see what you all come up with though, and I hope you'll let me take some pics of the projects!!

:-)

maxiesmom
02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Ack! I can't believe you won't have the whole weekend to play with us! What were they thinking picking the same weekend as Shackapaloosa to get married!

On a similar note, I have also been undecided as to whether I was going to bring a shoebox myself. They were very fun to do, but I brought stuff of my own to work on and didn't do most of it since I felt that I 'needed' to work on the shoeboxes. After all, people took the time to get it all ready, planning and preparing it all. The least I could do was make the projects! But then I was bummed that I brought all this stuff and didn't work on most of it!
What to do? I won't feel like a non joiner if it isn't just me. After all, I'm already going to be the only one not wearing jammies! I'm such a problem child!
And working on Christmas cards is an excellent idea, I'm already behind. I haven't made any for January!

tojoco
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Traci sorry that darn wedding will be interfering with your shackapalooza fun! LOL At least you get to be there some of the time. I'm still jealous and feeling sad.

shadoob
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Darn it! But at least you will be close enough that you can come back for some fun.

directmailscrapper
02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm glad you'll be able to do both! We'd miss you if you couldn't come at all! Shoeboxes are supposed to be fun, no stress, so don't worry about it.

kimmyqtgirl
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm also going to opt out of the shoebox projects. I was stressing about them too! I know its silly... Between visiting and eating and chatting and shoebox projects and shopping I didn't do anything of my own. This year I am hoping to get a few things done :) I hope that's ok with everyone else going.

Fief14
02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Traci, I'm glad you are able to do both as well. Good thing you live so close! I agree with you and Kathy about the Shoebox projects. I too, really want to concentrate on my own projects (if I can keep my mouth shut long enough to accomplish them!) I know I'll have lots of DT work to do as well. So, I'm going to pass on the shoeboxes, but, if any of you come up with some really neat ideas that I might just have to try down the road I hope you don't mind if I take a few pics either. :-)
Can't wait to see you all at the Inn!

workin4stamps
02-04-2009, 05:25 AM
oh wow! I'm so glad I'm not alone!!

I was worried everyone would be mad at me!! I didn't want to be an outcast!! LOL.

I know the shoeboxes aren't supposed to be stressful, but the truth of the matter is, if people prepare stuff for me, then I wouldn't feel right NOT doing them. So as long as everyone knows NOT to have materials prepared for me.....then I'll feel better!!!

Thanks girls!

Spartymom
02-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Traci, I'm glad you are still able to join us. That would be a big bummer if you weren't there!

mydogstinks2
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm glad you will still be able to join us for most of the weekend.

shuggy
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
but you'll still be there for some of it, that's what matters!

oh ss secretary, you missed this little tidbit on the update!!! j/k