PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a homemade chicken soup recipe

Christie
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have a really yummy homemade chicken soup recipe? I've never made it before and I wanted to give it a try.

cindi
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't have a recipe, I just make it. I'd say make it the easy way. go buy a cooked chicken and a large can of reduced sodium chicken stalk, I mean the BIg can. then clean all the chicken off the bones. then its just a matter of adding your veggies. I like onions, celery, carrots, and maybe some corn or peas. (if I was making diet soup, I'd add 1/2 head cabbage) A can of diced tomatoes is good too. Then I'd either add noodles or rice.
does this sound like what you are looking for? I also add lots of parsley and some thyme to m ine and a bay leaf.
:)

stampinmom3
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Cindi-our sounds kinda similar. I cook off a chicken, then use the chicken, a few packs of the "herb ox" chicken stock, carrots, onions (or Onion Onion from Tastefully Simple), carrots, and my noodles. I just made it Monday night and it was SOOO good.

Vintagegal
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
1 pkg boneless chicken breasts, cooked, and shredded
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups celery, sliced
1 large onion chopped into very small pieces
6 cups water
1/2 pound elbow macaroni, cooked

1) Bring water and two cans of cream of chicken soup to a boil. Add cooked chicken, carrots, celery and onion. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover pot. Simmer for one hour, stirring occassionally.
2) Right before serving, add cooked macaroni noodles. Stir together and serve.

cindi
02-04-2009, 07:26 PM
ok, I'm jealous..Ethel has an actual recipe!!
lol
:skeptical:

directmailscrapper
02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I've printed my Chicken Tortilla soup here before. LOVE IT and super easy. Let me know if you want it and I'll see if I can find the post.

logcabincreations
02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Just made a large pot for superbowl sunday.

1 bag of no yolk skinny egg noodles
4 cartons of progresso chicken stock
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup shredded carrots
1 deli rotisserie chicken from the grocery store..already cooked
about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook veggies in 1 carton of broth on stove until done. Cook 1/2 package of noodles in separate pot with water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.

Take chicken off bone. Add chicken, other 3 cartons of broth, and noodles to veggies...simmer a bit and it's done. This makes a large crockpot full.

The garlic powder I used has parsley in it...you can also use a little rosemary seasoning like the kind I have from Pampered Chef.

Christie
02-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks ladies!! now all i have to do is try it out!!

logcabincreations
02-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks ladies!! now all i have to do is try it out!!

Actually, the carrots I used were the "matchstick" kind...not shredded.

CharleneC
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Okay I have a from scratch recipe:
1 whole soup chicken, or whole chicken cut up.
place in a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
Add some salt add a lot. ( if it is too salty the potatoes will take out the salt.
while boiling scrape off the brown foam
Get a soup veggie pack.
It had a rutabaga(sp?) turnip, onion carrot celery and dill.
roughly chop these up add to water after about 1hour.
add bay leaf and pepper,
cook for another hour adding water as it cooks down
then chop up some celery carrots potato onion
add to soup and cook until done. (fork tender)
Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
cook a bag of egg noodles in a separate pot and add to soup when done.
You can eat the chicken with the soup but you have to pick out the bones or take the chicken out and pull off and then add back to soup.