PDA

View Full Version : Goosebumps all over again over the US Airway plane in the Hudson River

Vintagegal
02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I just heard the recording on the news, between Captain Sullenberger of US Airways and the Air Traffic Controller who was trying to guide him back to an airport for an emergency landing.

Both men should get lots and lots of credit. The air traffic controller should be called a hero, also. He was so calm and collected. His head was "in the game" and he was communicating clearly with the pilot and coordinating an emergency landing either in New Jersey or in New York.

I heard the recording, and I just got goosebumps. The air traffic controller wasted no time calling for help from NYPD, New Jersey Port Authority, etc. He is also a hero, as far as I'm concerned.

cindi
02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
definatly Ethel! you are right!
I still say God gave us a miracle that day
:)

tesschap
02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I agree that the pilots, crew and air traffic controllers are all heros. We live on the Hudson River - about three hours north of New York City and they have played that tape over and over and over again. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. When the Captain said 'we'll be in the Hudson' it blows me away! I hope no one sues as they are all dang lucky to be alive.