PDA

View Full Version : The RE card drama is almost over

Erin K
10-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Jill is supposed to pick up the Holiday Cards I made and pay me on Wednesday. Everyone cross your toes that it goes well, and no new issues come up. I'm tired of this project for sure.

We figured it all out and for the 200 cards my "profit" is gonna be $100, pretty pitiful, I'm clearly NOT a business person.

iloveflipflops
10-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Man I would not do it again for that. Too bad it wasn't more for ya!! But I do know you are glad its almost over.

Let's hope she loves them and pays you immediately!! :)

Erin K
10-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I mean she's paying $250, but after supply cost and all that it's only $100 in profit. Oh well, she saved us thousands on our terrible house transactions so I'm just looking at it that way ya know, like it's a special friend rate or something.

mahodgman
10-21-2006, 11:25 AM
How many cards did you end up making?

Erin K
10-21-2006, 11:40 AM
200 cards:rolleyes:

laos348
10-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow, I don't know the whole story but I hope it ends well for you.

Laura

workin4stamps
10-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I saw the beginning of this story, but I think I missed some of the stuff in the "middle". If you're not tired of typing about it, I'd love to read a little refresher of what went on. If you don't want to --- that's okay too!! I'm just glad it's over for you!!

Traci

Erin K
10-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Jill is the agent who helped us get this house, she is a shark in some ways and got us a great price, she's also a totaly sweety and drove down to St.Augustine twice to pick up checks for us and stuff when we were out of town on the days leading up to the sale. We did our old house by owner and it was a disaster and she dug us out of that mess to a degree too. So she's really great to us.

She had seen my cards and wanted some for her business, I made some simple cards with a house on them and gave her a set, she wanted 50 more so I did them for $20 a pack, which is for 10 cards.

Then she wanted Holiday cards to send out, 200 of them. I said of course, thinking that works out to $400 for the cards.

I ordered all the stuff and picked a stamp and a design and all and then she says, "we need to talk about price" And I say $400 and she says she usually only pays about $75 for 200, which I'm not sure is true... I say I have my costs to cover and cannot do them for less than $250. (my costs are about $150) She agrees and sees a sample and likes it.

THEN she calls and tells me she has gotten her magnet calendar thingies in and they don't fit in the envelope! Mind you I've made bunches by this point... So I freak out and she gives me all the stuff including the magnet thingie. I go find new envelopes that fit everything without looking dorky and floppy ya know and show her. She's happy and says, ok go ahead with it.

I finished two weeks ago, but she was out of town, she's back now and will come get the cards Wednesday and pay me then.

whew I hope that's the end of the story

stampcrazyjulie
10-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Well, if she doesn't pay you soon I would try & sell them on EBay or at a Craft or LSS Store or somethin'! That's a whole lot of cards and money to let them just go like that! :(

I guess you could chalk it up to a learning expeience, right? Now you know what not to do, and what you want to do in advance if there ever is a next time! :)

workin4stamps
10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
well I will be anxiously awaiting your post on Wednesday saying that she came and got them!!!!!

thanks for getting me up to speed on the whole story!

Traci

pixel8ed
10-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Wow! That is a lot of cards to have to make! I hope it all works out for you.