PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here a golfer?

Mrs. Fence
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Or does your hubby golf? My whole family golfs, and I was just thinking about green grass and golf, and wondered if any of my shackie friends golfed too?

iloveflipflops
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM
No golfers in this house

Mrs. Fence
02-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Too bad. Love your avatar, though!

iloveflipflops
02-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I know Tesschap is but I don't know where she has been the past 2 days... Teresa, where are you????

buggainok
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
My dh is a diehard golfer and I am a very understanding golf widow. We are happily married due to that.:)

When I was pg with our last daughter, she was born 6 weeks early. I thought I just had indigestion that morning, didn't dream it was labor pains, lol.

He had a golf date and I encouraged him to go on and play that day. Things got exciting in a hurry, and my stepdaughter rushed me to the hospital. They sent the marshalls out to find dh on the golf course. He made it to the hospital about 5 minutes before she was born.

I privately suspect he wanted to finish playing the hole he was on though.

There is a cute story about the bride and groom on their wedding day. He comes in the door of the church all dressed up and she notices his golf clubs standing against the wall in the back of the church.

"What are those doing there?" she asks. He says, "Well, this won't take that long, will it?"

Kreative Dryve
02-07-2009, 02:27 PM
My 15 year old DS plays golf for the varsity high school team, and is looking to play in college.
My DH plays.
My other two kids try with good intentions.

And I only play the mini golf. :)

Mrs. Fence
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM
That's a great golf story, Annette! What a good sport you are!

HeatherJ
02-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I took up golf about 5 years ago, because DH enjoyed it and I figured it was something we could do together. We both enjoy it! Our 2 children play a little, when we go as a family and rent a driving cart - that seems to be a big attraction for them!

cindi
02-07-2009, 03:13 PM
no golf here, but I did make my friend Debba a sign that says
"a gold widow lives here, the old putter is out on the course!" tehehe
:)

ellie
02-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Dh is at a golf lesson as I am typing this. He plays a lot now that we live here in NC...I don't mind at all. I think it's a great stress-reliever. He plays with one of my bf's dh and sometimes we go to Williamsburg or Myrtle Beach so they can play. I get to visit the local ss or bead shops!

TiikkiStars
02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I do not, but DH LOVES to play golf! He wishes he could get out and play more. DS has his own golf clubs, but we have yet to get him a lesson or out on the course. So, he goes out in the backyard and hits practice balls. DH wishes I would play, but since we do not have anyone to watch the kids and DD is still a little too young to get out there or even attempt a lesson, we're waiting a bit longer. I have a really bad ankle, so I would have to cart it, which can add up. We are really fortunate though, we have a 9 hole course right at the end of our street! :>

How often do you get a chance to play Tracey? Jacob plays too? How old was he when he started?

:> Karen

Mrs. Fence
02-07-2009, 05:39 PM
We have a course down the street from our house too! We didn't play much last summer, but hit the driving range quite a bit. Jacob took lessons with a friend a few years ago and has been playing ever since. He started going with dh when he was small enough to ride on his golf bag! DH has a cart for his clubs that he pulls and Jacob used to ride on it from hole to hole!

TiikkiStars
02-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Lol! That's too funny....at least the image in my head is. :> DH has wanted to bring Alexander to the driving range with him a few times now, but something has always come up. Plus, I know he's nervous as its a sheer drop off the edge of it and he's concerned if Alexander isn't listening that day............well, he's nervous. I've told him though that if he can teach him golf etiquette, then he would be able to spend a lot more time at the golf course! We're having a much better year, so maybe this spring that will happen!

:> Karen

cecescraps
02-07-2009, 11:22 PM
We all play here! My dh LOVES to play, I like to play and the kids play if it's a family outing. I played in a ladies league last yr. once a week and it was so much fun. My DD can sometimes outdrive my husband now~ must be those "swimmers shoulders!" LOL

mjbonoan
02-08-2009, 12:24 AM
My mom and her BF golf from time to time. DH use to golf years ago!

shadoob
02-08-2009, 10:07 AM
My ds is an avid golfer and dh plays once a year with him. Me, a girlfriend and I took lesons a few years back. We had such a great time...that we annoyed every man on the greens. We laughed and giggled and our balls went in every direction...We loved driving the carts but soon realized that we were a menace to the game and to everyone else around there...so, we gave it up but we did have fun while it lasted!

mahodgman
02-08-2009, 10:16 AM
I used to play, but it has been over 12 years now since I've been on a course. It is really too bad too because I used to really enjoy it. I wasn't very good, but I could hold my own with my friends who played. Maybe one day I'll get out there again.

limeyscrapper
02-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Dh and I both golf. We took it up several years ago, as an activity that we could do together. We haven't played much in the last few years due to my hip issues - I couldn't manage to walk even 9 holes, and hated golfing on a cart.
Now my problem seems manageable with the cortisine shots so we hope to hit the links again this summer.