PDA

View Full Version : Mom turns 80 years old.

inkinupstamps
12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Ladies, I've never done this before and if you don't think it is appropriate, that is fine. Here is the story:

My mother turns 80 years old on February 11th. Mom is really a very active woman and considering her spinal surgery and all she's been through these past years she is in good health. HELLO! I don't do nearly all of the activities she does.

HOWEVER...and this is the big however...mom is very sad about turning 80. This past year my Mom has lost her very best friend whom she's been pals with since she was in Kindergarten. MANY other of her friends have been or are dying. My father (who was 7 years older than my mother) died right before his 80th birthday.

All this to say that Mom feels, in her words, ANCIENT. She's outlived her beloved husband, best friends and isn't looking forward to the big 80!

So...how would anyone feel about sending my mother, whom I realize you don't know from Adam or Eve, a birthday card? Mom is fascinated by my involvement with card swaps and all of you wonderful ladies. Is this an imposition or inappropriate to ask if you WANT TO (KEY: ONLY if you want to) send mom a happy 80th birthday card?

I'm asking now because it is a little over a month before her birthday. I'm a bit self concious about asking this. If you want to celebrate her birthday, I'll send you her address.

A bit about my mother: she began playing the organ for the First Baptist Church in her hometown when she was 16 years old. She is STILL a church organist (though now she plays for the Methodist church). She taught piano and organ lessons ever since I was born (AND I'M OLD! LOL) and now teaches organ to the senior citizens at the senior center (she laughs that even though it is the senior center she is STILL older than her students!) Mom is very active in her church and loves to travel. She has slowed down A LOT! Naturally...she's 80! But she's an avid reader and a wonderful friend.

So...this long litany I've written is just to ask if anyone would like to lift mom's spirits about turning 80, I think she'd be thrilled. Let me know what if you would and I'll send you her address.

Thanks!

GrammaStamper
12-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Jennifer, I'd be happy to send her a card! You can PM me her address. And you were right to ask, especially if she likes the cards.

Sherry
12-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Count me in! I would love to help lift your momma's spirits!

mahodgman
12-29-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm in too, I think it would be fun! Send me her address and the date, and I'll try to be on time and not too early.

Swanie78
12-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Id also gladly send her a card :)
I realize I dont know her, or you (yet) for that matter, but Id be more than willing to help put a smile on her face.
PM me her addy and Ill send it out in a few weeks :cool:

iloveflipflops
12-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh yes we must do this for her!! She will be thrilled (and I don't even know her but I remember you saying how much she loves all of our cards that we send you) so count me in too. Why not do a swap and this swap I will gladly join :). What a great gift!!!

teabear
12-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I would love to send your mom a birthday card, Jennifer. I could even send her a postcard from my trip, too.

Nancy
12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Send me your address please and her name. Thanks Nancy A

firefly
12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I'd be glad to send her a homemade card. My mother just turned 80 this year and I could tell it 'bothered' her a bit too. Please send me your mother's name and address.

Don't apologize for asking! Love to make someone's day! Sally

LJ-BRONS1
12-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Jennifer, I would love to send your mom a Birthday card..Just let me know her name and address...
Linda

kulakid
12-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Count me in, lady! :spinny:

1of2shoes
12-30-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm in, too! I'll PM ya.

mydogstinks2
12-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Count me in too! You all sent my Mom wonderful cards for her birthday and she loved each one of them!

ctmhgirl
12-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I would like to send her a card too. Could you pm me her address?

Jadyeebugsaunt
12-30-2006, 09:53 AM
me too, can you send my her address?

StampinMom
12-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Count me in. I would love to help you Mom celebrate her 80th birthday!

Cheryl

mustangsarah
12-30-2006, 10:59 PM
count me in, pm me her addy please.

Erin K
12-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Me too! I love her just from your description. :)
send the addy!