PDA

View Full Version : Are all our Australia girls ok?

Erin K
02-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm so worried about these fires yall are having. And it's just seriously TOO HOT over there!

I'm bad with my Australia Geography, are any shackies in the fire areas?

Here is the news story. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090208/ap_on_re_au_an/as_australia_wildfires)

It says SouthEastern Au, do we have shackies there? :(

teabear
02-08-2009, 08:08 AM
I know that one of the ladies on the Fiskateers site is packed and ready to evacuate. They've been fighting off spot fires and embers. Fires are so scary. We have Dibby on one side of Australia and Sarah on the other side, but that's as much as I know about where they are.

loobylou
02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Just checking in. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm safe, although we have some fires in my state they are not near me. I am in the south west of Australia. I'm pretty sure the places in the story are not near Dibby- She is in Queensland, in the north east of Australia.
I thought I heard on the latest news there were over 40 deaths from the fires. That's just tragic.

mydogstinks2
02-08-2009, 08:31 AM
wild fires are just horriable. they are so hard for them to get contained. Then to have the temps be at 117 and over 100 for weeks is just unreal!!

Please be safe everyone!!

shadoob
02-08-2009, 09:58 AM
You will all remain in our thoughts...as well as all of the people being directly affected. Scarey!

GrammaStamper
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
The latest news says there are 84 fatalities. That's just horrible. Stay safe, all our Aussie friends.

cindi
02-08-2009, 11:58 AM
oh my, this is awful, and the first I'm hearing of it!! please kladies keep us updated and check in often. I'm sending up prayers that these fires get contained. Those poor firemen, can you imagine?
stya safe ladies
:wubclub:

TiikkiStars
02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Glad to know you are okay, Sarah, and that it sounds like Dibby should be okay too!

:> Karen

Vintagegal
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with our Australian friends, also. I haven't read the story, yet. My husband mentioned it. It is awful; and it seems that this is happening on an annual basis in Australia. It seems like most of the country gets a ton of rain in the winter months, and then when the summer months arrive, it's like a tinder box.

Artyfarty
02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I too have just seen the news and send all my deepest sympathy to those who have lost loved ones or their homes in these dreadfull fires.
Stay safe xx thinking of you all here in the uK xxxx

iloveflipflops
02-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I need to look up an Australia map. I am horrible when it comes to geography. My pen pal is over in Victoria. I need to see where she is too.