PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how Joanne (Tojoco)'s job interview is going ...

iloveflipflops
02-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm getting very good vibes Joanne. How did it go???

Christie
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm sure she was a nervous wreck! I sure hope it went well! Let us know!!!

tojoco
02-09-2009, 11:17 AM
It was the interview that didn't happen. Yep, that's right. I got there at 7:30 am because they wanted to talk to me "before" the real interview. I was so nervous I wanted to vomit. There were actually 6 of us all interviewing for the same position. It was not your typical interview. They said they knew we all had the skills to perform the job; they were now looking to see who would be the best fit for the team and that we would be interviewed by a panel of 4 people. So this "before interview" prep guy threw questions at us like: when was the last time you thought outside the box; what have you learned from your peers; how do you handle time management; name one thing you did to improve working relationships; how do you prioritize your work, etc. Yikes! Nothing like having to think quickly on your feet. Anyway, after all that we learned that the main interviewer was unable to make it because of a big problem that developed at the office this morning so they have to reschedule the interview. Argh! Oh well, what will be will be. So when the 6 of us left, we all talked together in the parking lot, and I told them that I was not going to worry about the interview anymore or I would drive myself crazy. I think it's at a point where the person that gets the job is going to be someone that they really like and feel would be a good fit. I am just going to go into the interview with as much confidence as I can muster up. No matter how much I worry about answering those questions beforehand, if they like me they're going to hire me; if they don't like me it's not going to happen.

Do you think I have the right attitude?

cindi
02-09-2009, 11:27 AM
yes, Joanne it sounds like you have the right attitude. and I'm still sending good vibes for you. when do you go back?
:)

iloveflipflops
02-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry Joanne. I do think you have the right attitude. Keep your chin up!!

tojoco
02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
yes, Joanne it sounds like you have the right attitude. and I'm still sending good vibes for you. when do you go back?
:)

They told us they would get back to us either this afternoon or sometime tomorrow to set up the interview again.

Christie
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I think you have a great attitude about it. There isn't any sense in worrying over something you can't control. I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Nancy
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Your attitude is good and they probably have their minds made up already. They will call for a one on one interview maybe. Just take it in stride. - Nancy

workin4stamps
02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
OMG! How frustrating, and how rude of them to waste your time!!! I sure hope they call you back if they haven't already!

loobylou
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I think you've got the right attitude Joanne. It seems they aren't in a hurry to get the interviews done.

emmcee
02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
That kind of crap burns the hell out of me. You have the right attitude Joanne. I'm still sending you good vibes.

Far North
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Michelle, you are totally right...all you can do is be yourself and hope that is what they are looking for.