PDA

View Full Version : I think the kids have forgiven me ...

iloveflipflops
02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
their faces look SO MUCH better. I was really beginning to get worried. I kept both home from school today as they were both so red and blotchy.

I did have the dr call me in some hydrocortizone cream and that is working wonders!!!

We're on the mend ... the acne that is from the blue light they sat in front of (if you saw my earlier post)

cindi
02-09-2009, 07:39 PM
it's good when yopur kids forgive ya, lol
I'm glad they are doing better. I hope it works well for them
:)

loobylou
02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Sherri, How often do they need to go back for this treatment? I had pimples as a kid, and that was bad enough- I imagine they are very self-concious and will want to see the treatment thru to get the results.

iloveflipflops
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
They go just 1-3 times. Depends how they do this time. They can go again in 4 weeks.

cecescraps
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Okay, I missed something~ what did you do to your kids???

iloveflipflops
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Read this post http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31153

logcabincreations
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
how is Nicholas's back and chest?

iloveflipflops
02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
They aren't bad at all. Its mainly his face. I am putting the hydrocortizone cream on it and it is helping but now he looks all white because he won't let me rub it in. Tomorrow is going to be interesting for him to go to school. They BOTH are going!!!

shadoob
02-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I missed the earlier thread too. My poor ds had acne SO BAD his sr year and his first year of college. I thanked God all the time that he had such a great personality and high self esteem or he would've been sunk. He tried Accutane and all that did was make it worse and made his lips look HORRIBLE. I just ached for him.

I wish I had known about the blu light....good for you for finding it.

mydogstinks2
02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm glad it seems to be helping.

logcabincreations
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I missed the earlier thread too. My poor ds had acne SO BAD his sr year and his first year of college. I thanked God all the time that he had such a great personality and high self esteem or he would've been sunk. He tried Accutane and all that did was make it worse and made his lips look HORRIBLE. I just ached for him.

I wish I had known about the blu light....good for you for finding it.

Did he get rid of it? I know sometimes antibiotics will be prescribed in severed cases.

iloveflipflops
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Both kids went to school but the school nurse just called from Nicholas' school saying his throat hurts. I picked him up and his throat does look red but so does his face. The poor thing. I wish he would let me take a photo of his face but he says no way. I do think it looks better than it did but its still very red in spots. Like 1/2 his milk mustache area is red where the other side is not. The left cheek is red and the right cheek is not. He told everyone he got sunburnt. I am tempted to call the dr and tell them they really need to tell you more of what to expect. I had no idea he would be this bad. I know he can only get better from here but DH is mad at "ME". Why I have no idea!? Oh well.

teabear
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh, Sherri, when this is over they will thank you for helping them. Hubby's are hard to figure out sometimes. You are doing the right thing. Sending hugs.

logcabincreations
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Sherri, as mothers we do what we think is best for our children. You checked out all available treatments and settled on the one you thought was the best without causing the most harm. I know in my household if it was left up to my dh to do something about the medical issues of our children, he would 9 times out of 10 do nothing saying "they'll be alright", and the same goes for his own health. Men are really not equipped to handle many things, but get mad when we try to do what is best for our family.

Call the doctor to let him know what is going on with the redness and see what he suggests. I'm sure he's probably had this happen before.