PDA

View Full Version : Tami! You are such an inspiraton!

inkinupstamps
10-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Tami's tumbled tiles got my creative juices flowing and after seeing her BEAUTIFUL tiles I had to give them a try! I just posted in the gallery two of the 4 tiles I made last night. These are 4" X 4" tumbled tiles from Home Depot (they came in a box of 9 tiles for only about $6 CAD! ) I tinted the background with gold MM ink. Then I stamped the image with Black Versafine and baked them in the oven for 15+ minutes at 350 degrees to heatset all of the ink. After letting them cool (it takes a while) I painted the rooster and cardinal with twinkling H2O's and then put them back in the oven for 15 more minutes to heatset. After they completely cooled I gave them two good coats of Krylon Triple thick gloss. I'll put cork on the back and use them as trivets/coasters.

Tami and Jan (Far North) were wonderful giving me inspiration and much needed tips! Thanks. OK...I'm back to my laboratory to make more! These are really fun!:D

iloveflipflops
10-21-2006, 11:29 AM
These would make awesome Christmas gifts if you made a set of 4 and gave them out. How neat!! :) I have been wanting to try it but still havent' done this yet either. Hmmm, I need to get busy. ha ha

lost luggage
10-21-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm telling you....those are OUTSTANDING tiles!! Thank you for outlining the process for us!! I am going to try this for sure! (Especially since M's starts a Krylon sale tomorrow.) :)

GrammaStamper
10-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Jennifer, what beauties they are! Likewise, I'm going to give this a try next week. And, if they turn out, I feel Christmas gifts coming up.

TFS,

kulakid
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
They turned out wonderfully, and thank-you for posting the instructions! :)

tojoco
10-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Beautiful work Jennifer and a great Christmas gift idea.

teabear
10-21-2006, 03:13 PM
you by far exceeded me on these beauties! Now, I've gotta make some more to catch up. Your use of H2O's is fantastic.

P.S. It's pretty fun to log on and see my name on the front page :)