PDA

View Full Version : Thank You so much for the warm birthday wishes!!

Sherry
02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I have been receiving birthday cards in my mail box all week - what a sweet surprise!! Thank you so much to the following ladies!!

Firefly
Limeyscrapper
Loobylou
Midweststamper
Ccstampin12
Pesc
Directmailscrapper

And, while I`m here, I`ll give you a little update on what`s been going on with me. I finally got in to see an endocrinologist and he tells me that he`s 100% sure that I have hypoglycemia. I am due to have a CAT Scan on my pancreas on Monday to check for insulinoma, which would most likely account for my symptoms and for the low blood sugar. I also have to endure the blood test from hell, a 6 hour GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test). I had it years ago and almost passed out because my sugar levels dropped too low, too fast.

I will also need to see a dietician who will prepare a special low carb, no sugar diet so that my blood sugars stay level. Oh, what fun!

Anyhoo, I will check in again with you all later. Have a happy Valentines Day!!

Sherry
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I didn't want my thank yous to get missed so I'm bumping this message up :)

ccstampin12
02-20-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm happy you got my card, Sherry.
I hope your health issues will be dealt with very soon now, so you can be feeling back to yourself again!
HUGS
Joanie

pesc
02-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Sherry I'm really happy you like my card and I'm happy too they seems to find what's giving you so much trouble. Maybe a diet is not fun but at least you will have some tools to feel better everyday. ((((((((HUG)))))))))

cindi
02-20-2009, 08:21 PM
hey Sherry, I hope you had a great b-day! I'm glad you updated us about how your feeling and I hope they get you feeling better real soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.
(((hugs)))

hbpuppy
02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi Sherry. I have reactive hypoglycemia. I am pretty much sugar-free (I splurged and had chocolate mouse on my birthday.) I pretty much follow a diet like the Zone or phase 2 of South Beach. I also try and stay out of the sun for long periods of time and exercise almost every day. It's all about the diet. If you eat crap, you'll feel like crap. If you eat healthy, you'll feel healthy.