PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a muscle yesterday! Ouch!

Darleneh710
02-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I went to the gym yesterday morning like usual and when I got back I had to shovel the end of the driveway where the darn plow plowed me in and it wasn't until I was leaving work around 530pm that my upper back near my neck and the back of my neck and my upper left and right arms were killing me. It felt like whiplash for the back of my neck instead of the front. At first I didn't know what had happened, but it must have been the shoveling. Each morning when I go to the gym to use the treadmill I ALWAYS stretch afterward b/c I don't want to pull a muscle or hurt myself, so I know it wasn't from the gym, especially since I've been going for 3 weeks straight and this is first time something like this happened. I think I should have just stretched my arms after shoveling, but who thinks of that right?

Luckily there was no swelling or bruising and I was able to use my mom's heating pad last night and it seems to have gotten better today. Now just my left side of my neck and arm hurt. I made it to the gym this morning as well, I just took it easy there. But I hope the pain goes away soon. I hate this feeling....if it prevents me from going to the gym...I will not be a happy camper lol.
:)

Also, I think sitting at me desk all day long (this is what my job entails--sitting at computer all day) didn't help the injury as I wasn't moving around. I also think I should do some stretches here and there...

Does anyone have any tips?
tia!

Christie
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
take some anit-inflamitories. That should help some with pain and the swelling in the muscle