PDA

View Full Version : More stamping projects planned.

inkinupstamps
10-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I love my stamps! All 5 bazillion of them! One thing that I want to be sure of, though, is that I don't buy a stamp, use it once, put it on the shelf and never use it again. While my stamp inventory continues to grow and grow and now with my new tenure with Justjohanna stamps too, I want to be sure that I use all of my stamps in a variety of ways and not just sit after one stamping.

My next planned project is to use some of my stamps for glass etching. I was just reading on 2peas some great tips for etching using your stamps and I have to give it a try.

What is your next planned stamp project?

iloveflipflops
10-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Not sure what i will work on next. I guess I should get cards done for Nicholas' teacher for Christmas. I am going to make her a set of 10 or 12 for the holidays so that is my next project, which hopefully won't take that long.

tojoco
10-21-2006, 02:16 PM
That's a great project. When Corey was in elementary and middle school I made sets of Christmas gift Thank You cards for all his teachers as their Christmas gift from him. They all said how much time it saved them in sending Thank You cards out to all their kids.

Erin K
10-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm horrible about only using a stamp once! I'm purging right now though, there is a LSS garage sale next month where I can unload lots. I'm tring not to outgrow my cabinet ya know?

I think I'd better get working on some baby thank you's like 5 of my friends are pregnant, I always like to give some cute thank you cards with the gifts. I got some and LOVED having them when I needed to do thank you's.

Really we should make a rule that new mom's don't have to send thank you's there is no one busier I think...

:)e

Alli
10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I am teaching a class on wire and beads soon, so I am trying to come up with some cool ideas for wire and bead cards. When I do, I'll post them! :)

inkinupstamps
10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
your wire and bead cards. Those are going to be awesome! I love using wire and beads! Are you making holiday cards with them?

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I am teaching a class on wire and beads soon, so I am trying to come up with some cool ideas for wire and bead cards. When I do, I'll post them! :)

This sounds very interesting....I am an "ex-beader" with about as many beads in the closet as I now have pieces of paper! I can't wait to see some ideas...I have a load of gemstone beads I would love to be able to incorporate in some card projects!

Alli
10-23-2006, 05:17 PM
your wire and bead cards. Those are going to be awesome! I love using wire and beads! Are you making holiday cards with them?

I'm not sure, I have made a Christmas tree wrapped with tinsel, but my friend has it, I'll get it back off her. I was planning on making a range of cards. I'm coming to you if I'm stuck, I am struggling slightly with the whole concept! :D I'm still waiting for inspiration to hit.
I'll definitely make a flower, everyone loves flowers right! :D Also, I have seen a really cool martini glass somewhere that I was going to CASE! I was also going to try and use wire and beads instead of ribbon on a card somewhere.
But thanks for the kind words Jennifer.

Alli
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
But here is a card I made with beads and very sticky double sided sheet that I was going to show the stamp club.

Bead card (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=375932&cat=500&ppuser=35974)

It is really easy to do, you just cut a strip of the double sided sheet as wide as the card, stick it down and then stick the beads to it. Now how hard is that? :D ;)

laos348
10-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I want to try some slide ornaments, just haven't gotten to it yet.

I once cased a wire card where you cut out a wide candle and then threaded wire around in and added the letters O N E along with beads for a one year olds birthday. Couls probably do the same thing with names.

Laura