PDA

View Full Version : reinker question, help!

cindi
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
ok, so I'm thinking I need a few reinkers and was looking at the stampin up! catty. so I want the reinkers to make cool backgrounds, tint paper flowers, and make shimmer mist with. so my question is..do I get the classic reinkers or the craft reinkers??? help!
:GEEK:

paperprintss
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
As a demonstrator I use the classic because I can do so many more techniques and the clean up is as simple as baby wipes. Craft are much thicker and therefore limiting and clean up is far more work.

cindi
02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
thanks! thats just the info I needed!
:)

teabear
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I use Ranger distress reinkers for shimmer mist and such. I love them. I bought them at Joanne's online when ink was 40% off.

mydogstinks2
02-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I have re-inkers... How do you make shimmer mists with them???

cindi
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I have re-inkers... How do you make shimmer mists with them???

aks Christie, she is the shimmer mist queen, lol
Thats what I'll do when I get my reinkers. but I think it's something like add reinker, water and perfect pearls in a mister bottle and have at it.

Artyfarty
02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
I have a embarrasing story about re-inkers lol..... I unashameably didnt read the label correct and thought they were alcholol inks ...no wonder my backgrounds were rubbish and not blending lol

Far North
02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes, Cindi you have the right idea for shimmer mists. As for the reinkers, like Tami I use the distress reinkers. Distress inks colors were forumlated to not break down the color when water is added to them. So black does not turn to purple-blue when water is added etc. There are lots of techniques to use the distress reinkers for other backgrounds.

cindi
02-26-2009, 03:20 PM
I'll have to get the distress ones next time, I'm helping a friend with a stmpin up! order so I ordered some of those for now.

Far North
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I'll have to get the distress ones next time, I'm helping a friend with a stmpin up! order so I ordered some of those for now.

LOL always something on our wishlist!

directmailscrapper
02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I have a embarrasing story about re-inkers lol..... I unashameably didnt read the label correct and thought they were alcholol inks ...no wonder my backgrounds were rubbish and not blending lol

LOL! I can see how that could happen! Have you found any real alcohol inks yet???

Carla
02-27-2009, 11:47 PM
If you still have any Radiant Pearls hanging around, they make beautiful shimmer mist. I just pour one into a 2-4 ounce spray bottle and add hairspray. I don't think this would be safe for scrapbooking, but I use it on my cards all the time! They are just as pretty as my Glimmer Mists.

Nancy
02-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know where to buy really small bottles that you can use for misters?How do you add hairspray to a bottle, just pump it in? - Nancy

Carla
02-28-2009, 09:55 AM
I hope it's okay for me to post this. I design for Creative Play Stamps, and they are my absolute favorite store. They are a small business, and I love spending with them instead of the big guys. I apologize for the advertisement, but honestly, everyone loves them! You will too, if you ever do business with them!

http://www.creativeplaystamps.com/mini-misters-3-pack-p-2855.html

Christie
02-28-2009, 11:24 AM
To make shimmer mist just take a little spray bottle and add about 1/4 tsp of perfect pearls then add a few drops of reinker-i use the distress reinkers-then fill the rest of the bottle 3/4 full with water. Shake up and then spray away!!!! The perfect pearls were made so that you don't have to add any kind of sealer with them. When they dry they are stuck to the paper. It's very cool and so easy to do!
Here is a tutorial from Tim on how to do it: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/march-technique.html

cindi
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
To make shimmer mist just take a little spray bottle and add about 1/4 tsp of perfect pearls then add a few drops of reinker-i use the distress reinkers-then fill the rest of the bottle 3/4 full with water. Shake up and then spray away!!!! The perfect pearls were made so that you don't have to add any kind of sealer with them. When they dry they are stuck to the paper. It's very cool and so easy to do!
Here is a tutorial from Tim on how to do it: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/march-technique.html

thanks C, I knew you were the queen of shimmer mist!
lol