PDA

View Full Version : About the FLOOD cards...

inkinupstamps
12-30-2006, 03:20 PM
I mentioned this below on Sherri's thread but thought I'd bump this to everyone's attention. In Ontario we do NOT have Saturday mail service at all...just Monday through Friday. Plus, since Monday is a holiday our next pickup won't be until Tuesday.

I have my card all ready but since we didn't know until after the mail service was past yesterday, we in my Province anyway (is it all of Canada?) cannot get our cards mailed until the following week.

Since it can take up to 10 days for a letter to get to it's destination in the states sometimes, I just want people to be aware that we in Canada aren't flaking our commitment to the FLOOD. You'll just get our cards a little later than the others. It doesn't mean we aren't prompt in mailing...just that mail service will take longer.

Now if Erin wants to secretly announce to us on Thursday nights so we can get ours in the Friday mail before the U.S. gals that would help. But as long as no one minds getting a few straggling cards after their FLOOD week, then keeping it as is is fine.

kerry
12-30-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm on the list and signed up I think two days ago so if an email was sent, I think I should have received one. Oh, well, I have tons of cards I have already made so I'll pick a really nice one for Darlene and send it out today...

Hmmmm which one will it be???

Kerry

Darleneh710
12-30-2006, 03:58 PM
I can only speak for myself, and I don't have a problem with cards arriving later. I just love receiving "fun" mail as I am sure we all do and it doesn't bother me that your cards will be getting here later than the others,
hth
:)

inkinupstamps
12-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I can only speak for myself, and I don't have a problem with cards arriving later. I just love receiving "fun" mail as I am sure we all do and it doesn't bother me that your cards will be getting here later than the others,
hth

I haven't forgotten you, Darlene! I'm so glad that you are ok with this. Isn't this just the most fun idea for a "swap?" Who more than us cardmakers love to get mail more? LOL

Hopefully your card will make it to you by the end of the week.

Thanks for being understanding and so sweet!:cute:

GrammaStamper
12-30-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm on the list and signed up I think two days ago so if an email was sent, I think I should have received one. Oh, well, I have tons of cards I have already made so I'll pick a really nice one for Darlene and send it out today...

Hmmmm which one will it be???

Kerry

Erin posted the name of the person that was drawn. Look in the Swap Announcements and you will see it.

GrammaStamper
12-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I have my card all ready but since we didn't know until after the mail service was past yesterday, we in my Province anyway (is it all of Canada?) cannot get our cards mailed until the following week.

Thanks for pointing this out, Jennifer, I didn't see it last night and for sure we do not want to be mistaken as flakers. Let's just say we save the best for last, or something like that. LOL!

ctinyjoy
12-30-2006, 04:48 PM
i did get an email from Erin that she sent late last night. Actually two, the second one stated to put the word flood swap on the front.

Erin K
12-30-2006, 05:36 PM
I have to go out and will answer more questions later but the idea is to put them in the mail anytime in the next week. Darlene will be getting cards for weeks from that. Don't worry about the timing even if you are "late" and get it out early next week that's fine too. So just send her a card when you get a chance!

This swap is not to stress anyone out at all. Don't let it be "one more thing" you have to do. Enjoy it and have fun. Really, it's loose on this one.

E

inkinupstamps
12-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I love this swap. Thanks for the clerification. I just didn't want y'all to think I was a 'bad guy' cuz my cards would arrive later than the others.

I just love this idea. You know...you are going to become our Flood Swap Queen! :cute:

toao
12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I guess I missed the "flood" thing. I'll have to see if I can find an original post to see what this is all about.

Mary

Erin K
12-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Mary (and anyone else wondering),
the flood is a swap I started. It's not a swap in the traditional sense though. Basicly you sign up on the swap board if you want to participate. Then each week I will draw one name (this week it's Darlene) and those of us who signed up will all "flood" her with cards. It's all very loose, Some people got them out today, some might not get them out until next week, whatever. But for about a week Darlene's mailbox will be flooded with cards.

If you can't send one week that's fine, doesn't make you a flaker or anything. (I won't be calling anyone a flaker on this swap) Just if you sign up TRY to send one each week.

This is all very loose though, I'm not expecting 100% participation, but I do hope that everyone participates as much as they can.

ayah
12-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I love the fundamentals of this flood swap. I know if it were me, I would not mind receiving cards the following week, I think we all understand the difference between mailing cards between Canada and the US.