PDA

View Full Version : Help! Instant pudding box sizes!

Fief14
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm making bread that calls for 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding. I have a box of pudding but I don't know how many ounces the large box is. Anyone have instant pudding on hand that could tell me?

cassykay
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi, don't have box on hand, but the small box serves 4, the large box serves 6 - 8 hope that helps.

ctinyjoy
03-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm making bread that calls for 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding. I have a box of pudding but I don't know how many ounces the large box is. Anyone have instant pudding on hand that could tell me?

Are you making Amish Friendship Bread? We made some today and needed the large box of vanilla pudding....well DH didn't read in advance that we would need it. We had a box of white chocolate pudding and used that instead. I hope your bread turns out great.

suzi_f
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
One large or 2 small. I've made friendship bread w/choc pudding many times & it's yummy!!

Fief14
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
yep, I'm making Amish Friendship bread. Thanks for the help ladies! First loaf just came out of the oven & it's so yummy!

mydogstinks2
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
LMAO about this post!!

My house is where the friendship stops!!

4 times, YES 4 times I have been given starts for this bread. Every single time Chimichanga has found it and eaten it. I hid it in a diffrent spot each time and she found it.

suzi_f
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Does it make her sick?? I doesn't sound like it's a good thing to eat just "as is".

logcabincreations
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
it's really high in sugar...that's probably why her dog ate it.....lol....bet chimichanga was hyper after that!

directmailscrapper
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Do I need this recipe? SOunds like I do! I've made starter bread before, but not with pudding mix!

Paula Carden
03-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Never have had it-is hard to make- how do I make it?

Fief14
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Nancy, wish we lived closer. I now have 4 starter bags to give away & I'd give you one. Well, now that I think about it, I wonder if I could mail it????? It's not refridgerated and you would have until thursday or friday to add the next set of ingredients. Hmmmmm! Well anyways, the pudding mix isn't until you do the final baking 10 days later.

Nancy
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Could you post the recipe please?-Nancy

mydogstinks2
03-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I honestly don't think you can just start it with a recipe. I think someone has to give you a start. When someone gives you a start and you finish it to make your bread, you then have 4 starts to give to someone.

Fief14
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I found this on the internet about 6 months ago & made it from start to finish. I was very good. With this latest batch someone gave it to me in a 1 gallon zip lock bag & it made the whole process easier to do rather then putting it in a glass bowl. Enjoy!

Amish Friendship Bread Starter
This is the Amish Friendship Bread Starter Recipe that you’ll need to make the Amish Friendship Bread. It is very important to use plastic or wooden utensils and plastic or glass containers when making this. Do not use metal at all!
Ingredients:
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110°F)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup warm milk (110°F)
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water for about 10 minutes. Stir well.
2. In a 2 quart glass or plastic container, combine 1 cup sifted flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or the flour will get lumpy when you add the milk.
3. Slowly stir in warm milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Loosely cover the mixture with a lid or plastic wrap. (Or put in 1 gallon Ziplock Bag) The mixture will get bubbly. Consider this Day 1 of the cycle.
For the next 10 days handle starter according to the instructions below for Amish Friendship Bread.

Required Main Ingredient 1 cup live yeast (already in starter kit)
day 1: Do nothing with the starter.
days 2-5: Stir with a wooden spoon. (Or squeeze the mixture if you have it in a 1 gallon Ziplock bag)
day 6: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Stir with a wooden spoon. (Or squeeze bag to mix)
days 7-9:Stir with a wooden spoon. (Or squeeze bag to mix)
Day 10: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Stir.
Take out 3 cups and place 1 cup each into three separate plastic containers. Give one cup of batter in a 1 gallon ziplock bag and a copy of this recipe to three friends.To the remaining portion (a little over one cup) of the batter,add the following ingredients and mix well.
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
In a separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients and mix well:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 - (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup nuts
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Mix and pour into two well greased and sugared bread pans.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

mistyc
10-13-2009, 06:05 PM
oh gosh, i'm not a cook and definitely not a baker. A neighbor gave me the starter Amish Friendship bread. I followed the sheet she gave me exact except for one thing:( It said sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture. Well i sprinkled and i used the remaining sugar mixture but my loafs looked coated with sugar on the top. I'm guessing i should have just sprinkled a little of the sugar mixture and then thrown the rest of the remaining mixture away?

While i have your attention, i might as well ask another question. Is it correct that i give the starters to my friends and then they follow the recipe from the top of the recipe that has them mush mush the doe for 10 days and then they add all the stuff again?

Thanks,

Misty

mistyc
10-13-2009, 06:38 PM
umm i just read some of the other posts:( Was i supposed to make 4 bags for other people and still have remaining doe to make my own bread? I only made 3 bags and kept the 4th to make bread for myself. Geese, i should have stuck to the box breads hee hee.