PDA

View Full Version : SU Watercolor Crayons

Firecracker
12-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just had to share.... The watercolor crayons from SU are awesome!!! I received one set for Christmas to see if I liked them. They are fabulous. If you don't have them or haven't tried them, you need to. I'm getting the rest in January. Hugs, Heather:radar:

ngreek
12-31-2006, 12:31 AM
I second what you said Heather. I love them also.
Nicole

scrappinnuts
12-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Maybe I am not using them right...I got a set and don't like them...please share how they are to be used... I am not at using things like this..really like my Tombow markers and Prisim watercolors...I want to like the crayons. Thanks

inkinupstamps
12-31-2006, 07:14 AM
I love my SU Watercolor Crayons. I really like them a lot better than any other watercolor PENCIL!

I'm not married to any one type of coloring tool. I LOVE my Twinkling H2O's and sometimes that is all I use. Then I LOVE my Prismacolor pencils and for a while they are all I'll use. Then I move on to my Tombow markers and use them for watercolor as well as regular.

Do you know what? I think I forgot about using my Watercolor Crayons! So thank you for the reminder! I'll get them out today and use them...again!:biglaugh:

mahodgman
12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I've got the whole set, and I rarely use them. I think I need some more ideas for them too. I want to love them, but I don't.

stampcrazyjulie
12-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I have been wanting to buy them for a long time. I was thinking of buying some this next month so that I can get some of those cute SAB Sets! :)

mydogstinks2
12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
I never really thought about getting them. I have so many other things to use to color, and don't very often! If they are this great I may have to think about getting them.

Swanie78
12-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Can someone post some links to cards they are used on? Im not really one to color an image, but Im loving what Im seeing lately with pencils/watercolors!!
Id love to see what you guys are doing with them :)

ngreek
12-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Well here are 2 cards I ahve done witht he water crayons. I found I prefer to use them with my different two-step flower stamps. I think those work the best for me and I am the happiest with.

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?gallery=3&cmd=display&layout_id=1050093

Nicole

kimbydstamper
12-31-2006, 03:32 PM
You can use watercolor crayons several ways. You can color directly on the bold image rubber using several colors for shading then activate the color with water and paintbrush. Or you can color on paper and activate with a watercolor brush and paint to blend the colors and eliminate the lines from coloring. Or you can use a wet brush to "pick up" color directly from the crayon and paint with it. I like all three methods depending on what I want to do. I love mine and would rather use them than colored pencils anymore.

Have fun!

Swanie78
12-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Beautiful cards Nicole!
And thanks for the suggestions Kimberly.
Ill have to keep my eye out of these. Dont know that Id use them enough to buy them brand new.