PDA

View Full Version : taught a class today

teabear
03-14-2009, 10:18 PM
I taught a distress class this morning at the little scrapbook store here on the mountain to 3 ladies. One of the students took my alcohol inks class 2 weeks ago down the hill. She made my day by being a return student. We got messy with lots of distress and ranger stuff. I showed them a bunch of techniques and then let them go to town. One made cards, another did scrapbook pages, and the last one did a combo of both. My next class is in 3 weeks and my return student is signing up for it. Yahoo. I've got it worked out now to teach a series of 3 alcohol ink classes. It's been kind of tough to work out the classes, but I feel pretty at ease with it after a few months now.

I've also been subbing at the school. I've worked 3 days over the last 2 weeks. It's been a busy time for me, but I'm sure having fun with it all. So, that's why I don't have much in the gallery lately.

Christie
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Awesome!!! I know I love return customers at my fairs. It makes you feel good!! Glad you had a great time!

tesschap
03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun Tami. I wish I lived closer so I could take your classes :)

logcabincreations
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I've never used distressed inks before...so I wish I lived closer to you also.

loobylou
03-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd love to take your distress class Tami. Just from watching your video tutorials I can hear that you'd be great at demonstrating and very patient.

cecescraps
03-14-2009, 11:51 PM
How exciting that you have "returning" students Tami! I too wish I lived closer b/c I would LOVE to take your classes! :)

hbpuppy
03-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Way to go, Tami. I'm sure your classes are wonderful.

Paula Carden
03-15-2009, 05:07 AM
I would take your classes as I love your creations!

teabear
03-15-2009, 11:16 AM
You are all so sweet. I wish we could live closer, too. I've got a new video tutorial going up next weekend.

Nancy
03-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Good for you, but I have another question. When you say up the mountain or down the hill, What is the elevation of both? I have such a hard time driving in the mountains and never had this happen until I moved West. - Nancy

scrappinnuts
03-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Tami, I do live close enough and I really must check out when you classes are... your talent is amazing...I love what you do with AI... and distressing!

scrappinnuts
03-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Good for you, but I have another question. When you say up the mountain or down the hill, What is the elevation of both? I have such a hard time driving in the mountains and never had this happen until I moved West. - Nancy

Funny... We are at about 4000 ft and Tami is above us in the mountains so she has to be up aroun 6-7000 ft. We are also above a Valley...so we say down the Hill also...but Tami is down the bigger hill...lol!

teabear
03-15-2009, 11:57 AM

I live at 5,500 feet elevation and it takes me about 25 minutes to drive to the bottom of the hill which is above sea level, but I'm not sure how much above. It's pretty rural here where we live, but we do have a grocery store and rite aid to shop and the school are up here. If we want to do any big shopping or things like that we go down the hill. My parents live right at the bottom of the mountain, so we visit them when we go down for anything. Right now, Kyle's rugby games and practices are down the hill...3 times a week and hubby works down the hill 4 days a week. Lots of driving for us, but it's beautiful here with a much lower crime rate. So worth it to live here.

teabear
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Tami, I do live close enough and I really must check out when you classes are... your talent is amazing...I love what you do with AI... and distressing!

I'm teaching at collective journey on April 4th 10-12, it's a pretty basic alcohol inks class, but will do lots and lots of playing. I'd love for you to join us sometime. I'm teaching a series of 3 alcohol inks classes, one each month. They can be in any order. May and June are not scheduled yet. The May class will be a real outside the box alcohol ink class and June will be painting with alcohol inks, like the video tutorial.

cindi
03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
congrats on another successful class. It's way cool you have a repeat student,,hey, you have a groupie!! lol. I'm sure your classes are fab, she will want to go to them all.
:)