PDA

View Full Version : I am so slow at really getting involved with new things

justbusyscrappin
12-31-2006, 12:01 PM
but I have decided that I need to stop being in the background and start being active on this site. I think my problem is that when I come here I just haven't reached my comfort level in manuvering around. I have decided that I am going to make myself visit this site at least once each day and spend some time exploring. I am also commiting myself to actively participating in posting messages at least once a week ...
I am just not quite comfortable yet with chat rooms so that will take a little more time.
What I would like to ask of you is to hold me accountable. If you notice I am not here then maybe send me a quick message and tell me to come visit!
Todays goal ... try to look at the swaps! and possibly join one???

becky

iloveflipflops
12-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes Becky, you need to jump right in and join us!! This is really the best site on the planet and there are so many different levels of stampers. I think I visit this site 60 times a DAY. See how many posts I have? I have no life according to my husband! ha ha

So step right up and join right in. I promise you will love it!!

dgbearsmom
12-31-2006, 12:46 PM
It's nice to see you here. Just jump right in and join us. Everyone here is very nice and very talented. It's like PCMB used to be as far as everyone being so nice and caring, but it is soooo much better in all other ways. Once you get the hang of where everything is, I think you'll agree. There are several swaps with openings. Just jump right in!

Judy

lost luggage
12-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi ho Fresno! :winks: Welcome aboard! Will we see you in Riverside on the 27th?? (Posts a question to make you come back and answer it...lol I am sneaky that way.) :cute:

teabear
12-31-2006, 01:47 PM
You will be addicted in no time like the rest of us Shackies! LOL

ngreek
12-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Well I hear totally what you are saying I have felt the same way. I found that I started becoming more involved 1) once I joined swaps and 2) I would basically just comment on opinions on different crafting supplies or techniques 3) If I ahd a question on the product. I am not one to get into alot of conversation on some of the other topics but find a topic you feel comfortable chatting on.
Nicole

justbusyscrappin
12-31-2006, 01:54 PM
well just julie ...
I won't be in riverside on the 27th but possibly in the area in March ... so when I do come south I will let you know!

becky

GrammaStamper
12-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi Becky, and welcome to The Shack. It's great you have decided to be more active. We are a great bunch of gals and we love to talk and craft, so join us regularly. And bring your coffee!

justbusyscrappin
12-31-2006, 02:03 PM
ok, so I recognize quite of few of the forum names ... are they the same as those from PCMB?
becky

lost luggage
12-31-2006, 02:07 PM
I used to be on PCMB, but then I feel in love with this site and it takes all of my time. :)

maxiesmom
12-31-2006, 02:09 PM
And as far as joining a swap, how 'bout joining Erin's flood swap? Super simple, just send one card to the person drawn for the week! How easy is that? Still room for lots of ladies to play!

~toby~
12-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi from Missouri!

ctmhgirl
01-01-2007, 08:57 PM
What is PCMB?? I have found that the ladies on this board are very nice and helpful.

LinzyD
01-01-2007, 09:19 PM
What is PCMB?? I have found that the ladies on this board are very nice and helpful.

That is where many of us Shackies "first met." PCMB isn't nearly as fun (or friendly) as it used to be...many of us are here now! :cute:
When this site first started I was a little hesitant (overwhelmed more like it) by all of the features and stuff...but after just "diving in" I know LOVE it! Still a little timid about the chat room just b/c my computer is slow and so is my typing, but I'll get there...
Welcome to the Shack!
Linzy

juliej
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
hi becky looking to getting to know you

patg
01-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Becky,

Welcome aboard! Don't be shy and jump right in! There are a great bunch of gals hanging around!

Pat