PDA

View Full Version : I'm still alive

suzi_f
03-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Not sure I want to be tho. The pain comes & goes. When it's here, it's HORRID!! I discovered I can not eat. It doesn't hurt to chew (I chew on the side w/o the pain) but I can not swallow w/o using some muscle that's affecting the pain area (which pretty much covers the entire left half of my head now!) I'm still taking my meds but upped the vicodin to 1.5 A friend told me to take one vicodin & 2 advil. If I get desperate enough.....

If I'm not better by tomorrow, there's pretty much nothing I can do about it. LOL. I could go to the ER but, what will they be able to do?? I'm thinking I might be stuck in a catch-22. I take the vicodin for the pain, the vicodin makes me tired. I clench my teeth in my sleep causing pain when I wake up. I bought a mouth guard at Target but I'm not sure I can use it as it hurts to try to put it in place, let alone fit it to my mouth. Maybe I should try to fit it to the bottom teeth.

I'm getting sleepy again. I may try to sleep the whole night sitting up in the chair. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. Why do teeth always act up on weekends???

cindi
03-21-2009, 09:55 PM
oh Suzi! My heart goes out to you! maybe try sleeping propped up. Have you trued an ice pack? that helped me when I had abad tooth, well as much as anything will help. sorry your going through this
(((hugs)))

suzi_f
03-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I haven't tried the ice pack but someone suggested heat. I may try that. I was going to last night but was too tired to make myself one. And, even tho I waited on Scott hand & foot w/his ankle issues, trying to get him to do anything for me is like pulling teeth. And, if I wanted to pull teeth, I'd pull my own! LOL

cindi
03-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I haven't tried the ice pack but someone suggested heat. I may try that. I was going to last night but was too tired to make myself one. And, even tho I waited on Scott hand & foot w/his ankle issues, trying to get him to do anything for me is like pulling teeth. And, if I wanted to pull teeth, I'd pull my own! LOL

0k, Suzi, I'm going to have to use my standard man saying here...
Men are twits!!!
try alternating heat & ice. When I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at once my dr said to use ice, I did & it worked wonders..I was talking on the the phone for hours with Tracey , the same night. I hope you get some rest
:)

logcabincreations
03-21-2009, 10:08 PM
sounds like you need a strong antibiotic....or a strong drink...lol. Sorry...I know exactly what you are going thru as I've had an abcessed tooth before, and since all the nerves in your mouth are connected, the pain travels around (oh joy!)

suzi_f
03-21-2009, 10:20 PM
The water bottle seems to be helping. When it's no longer hot, I'll switch to ice & see if that helps (sounds like it would hurt but, what do I know???)

Jan, I don't usually drink but, if there was anything in the house, I'd drink it now!! I don't know that I have ever been in this much pain.

Thanks for thinking of me y'all!!

patcreates
03-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Do not put heat on the infected area. My dentist said if you do that, the infection can spread. Alternating the Vicodin and Advil is what my son did, before the antibiotic kicked in and it did help somewhat.

teabear
03-22-2009, 12:21 AM
I hope you are sleeping by now. So sorry you have so much pain.

shuggy
03-22-2009, 01:25 AM
oh suzi! i'm so sorry!

ccstampin12
03-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Oh, WOW!
I feel so badly for you!
It's always the weekends when "things" happen!
I hope the Vicodan (sp) will be helping...I have no advice....Just good thoughts that tomorrow you can see the dentist and he/she can help you!
HUGS
Joanie
Also.....maybe I do have a bit of advice....don't EAT, just have nutritious things you don't have to chew if that's aggravating the area.
Like smoothies, and things like that...
J

tesschap
03-22-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm also thinking that you need a strong antibiotic. I would call the dentist again. They can give you a shot and strengthen your antiobiotic. This is what gets rid of the infection and the infection is what is causing the pain.

I'm sorry you are hurting so much. I hope you are pain free soon.

Robinkay
03-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Oh Suzi I hope you get to feeling better soon. Here is a big (((SUZI))) hug for you!

stampinmom3
03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh dear! I agree with Teresa. You need stronger antibiotics. Call your dentist, it doesn't matter if it's a weekend or not. When my tooth was abcessed mine even came on New Year's Day to meet me!

suzi_f
03-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm feeling alot better this morning (but I think I felt better yesterday morning & it went away). I feel like maybe some swelling has gone down in my mouth. I also feel a GIANT (ok, it feels giant in my mouth!) lump in the roof of my mouth. I have no idea what this is from (irritation from the xray?) I think that's the cause of my inability to eat w/o pain. I'm think I might wait or a reasonable hour & call the dr's emergency line. We'll see.

shadoob
03-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Suzi....I, along with everyone else wish I could make your pain go away. Let your mother cook and let the laundry sit...you take the pills you need and sleep if you have to. maybe dd will step up if you ask her. Your family won't die if you dont cook for them....pain free hugs to you!!!!