PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm back from sunny Florida. Does Secretary Sherri have an update for me?

tojoco
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
We got back last night, and I am exhausted. I drove close to 2,000 miles within the last week. I'm sure it will take me a while to get back in the swing of things.

We stayed at The Villages (which is a 55+ community) in Lady Lake, FL for 3 days; and I've decided that it is NOT where I want to be when we retire. It is too big, too congested, too hot (even in March) and too many bugs. My DH is adamant about moving to Florida but I'm not in love with the idea so we'll see what happens within the next year.

We stopped in Atlanta last Saturday and had dinner with Corey. He just got back from Panama City, FL for spring break where he was working hard with the rowing team practicing for their regattas that begin next Saturday. He said he was able to swim in the Gulf a few times and they had fun but he was very tired from practicing rowing 3 times a day.

Now we're back to reality. Tom went back to work today; I have tons of wash to do and tons of mail to go through. I hope Sherri or someone can fill me in on the highlights that I missed. We didn't have internet service while staying at The Villages.

I'm glad to be back.:jiggy:

cecescraps
03-23-2009, 04:48 PM
We're glad to have you back Joanne!! :)

cindi
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
there you are!!!
Welcome back, I have missed you. Now where is that Sherri, so she can update you?
:)

tesschap
03-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Welcome back. You should visit the gulf coast of FL. We will be relocating to Venice. We love it there.

tojoco
03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome back. You should visit the gulf coast of FL. We will be relocating to Venice. We love it there.

Teresa, We did visit the gulf coast. Tom's brother lives in Homosassa which is about 10 minutes from the gulf. We spent 4 days with them.

tesschap
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Teresa, We did visit the gulf coast. Tom's brother lives in Homosassa which is about 10 minutes from the gulf. We spent 4 days with them.

Do you like it there? Homosassa is about 2 1/2 hours North of us.

tojoco
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Do you like it there? Homosassa is about 2 1/2 hours North of us.

Not really. Although their house is absolutely gorgeous, that's where I saw all the scorpions, lizards and spiders. My sil was telling me about the coyote she sees as she takes her daily walk. I don't think I want to meet a coyote. DH is adamant about moving to Florida next year so we'll see what happens. We may still be "neighbors."

tesschap
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Not really. Although their house is absolutely gorgeous, that's where I saw all the scorpions, lizards and spiders. My sil was telling me about the coyote she sees as she takes her daily walk. I don't think I want to meet a coyote. DH is adamant about moving to Florida next year so we'll see what happens. We may still be "neighbors."

I hope we are neighbors :) I've never heard of coyotes in our area. We have those little gecko thingies but they are harmless. Knock on wood that I haven't encountered any spiders or scorpions.

shadoob
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome back dear!!!

shuggy
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
welcome back!