PDA

View Full Version : So...it's 6:45 in the morning here......

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 06:50 AM
and I just received a phone call from Fed Ex home delivery. (local....not somewhere where it's like 10am or something.)

They want to deliver my rug today, and they wanted directions to my house.

Never mind the fact that they've delivered stuff here about 3 times in the last couple of weeks.............

So I told the guy where I lived, and he said "oh yeah..the intersection of yadda yadda yadda" and I was like "yep! you got it", and he said "Great! Thank you so much. I just wanted to give the driver some directions before he pulled out with the truck."

Hmmmmm....really??????? at 6:45 am????

I've been up for over an hour, so I don't really care, but I just thought that was REALLY strange!!!!!!

suzi_f
03-24-2009, 06:59 AM
I have never had Fed Ex call to verify my address. I find that weird. The fact that the truck is leaving at 6:45 doesn't seem weird to me. I know they get an early start. Hmmm, do you think they have Erin's trimmer with them???

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah....I didn't think it was weird that they were leaving this early....I just found it strange that they called me so early!!!

Have they not heard of mapquest???

In this day and age, you'd think they'd have GPS!!!!

shadoob
03-24-2009, 08:19 AM
That is weird. Even my phone has a GPS on it.
My dd once had a limo driver show up to take her entire prom group to dinner in Kansas city. Thy driver had NEVER been to KC as he was new to the area and needed me to give him directions! They never did make it though becasue the limo caught fire and parents ended up driving the kids. ...and some companies wonder why customers don't trust them anymore....
I hope your rug is as lovely as you are hoping it is! (and do ask about Erin's trimmer!)

Mrs. Fence
03-24-2009, 08:46 AM
YIKES! Be careful. It's getting scary these days, wondering if people are really who they say they are, and if you are giving info to a thief or scam artist. Let us know later what's up.

tesschap
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
FedEx Home delivery uses a lot of mom and pop type delivery agents. (I work for the competition :)). It's common for the local delivery agents to deliver for more than one company. They usually make a sweep of all of the transporation companies in the early morning so they can get out on the road. I know my company won't give the delivery agent a home delivery until they have confirmed the address with the consignee (person receiving the delivery).

Just my 2 cents :)

mydogstinks2
03-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I've never had them call me for directions but once I had them tell me my street was not there. I looked out my window and said "yes it is there, I can see it from here!"

Mrs. Fence
03-24-2009, 08:59 AM
That's good info, Teresa. Maybe I'm just paranoid...Enjoy your new carpet, Traci!!!

logcabincreations
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I've never had them call me for directions but once I had them tell me my street was not there. I looked out my window and said "yes it is there, I can see it from here!"

That is way toooo funny :)

cecescraps
03-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Whoo Hoo... new rug! Must see photo~ please!?! Oh, and they would have gotten the groggy voice from me... my 1st cup of coffee wouldn't have kicked in by then! LOL

Nancy
03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
We used mapquest this weekend to our campout, WOW if we would have followed it, we still wouldn't be there, so you cant trust that either. - Nancy

cindi
03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd never get my rug, because I wouldn't be awake yet!! lol
Do share some pics of your new rug when you can. And Teresa, thats great info!
:)

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't get too excited ladies!!! It's just a runner for the mud room!! Not an exotic rug or anything..... LOL

And actually, it didn't even end up being that---it ended up being Colby's heartworm pills & flea medicine from Foster & Smith.

:-)

suzi_f
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Don't get too excited ladies!!! It's just a runner for the mud room!! Not an exotic rug or anything..... LOL

And actually, it didn't even end up being that---it ended up being Colby's heartworm pills & flea medicine from Foster & Smith.

:-)

What about Erin's Trimmer?? Did it come to you???

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 09:04 PM
nope....No Erin's trimmer!!! Is she missing one??? I am SOOO out of the loop right now!

cindi
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
what?? no rug?? no Erin's trimmer??
well at least Colby made out!
:jiggy:

suzi_f
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
nope....No Erin's trimmer!!! Is she missing one??? I am SOOO out of the loop right now!

joanne's sent Erin's new trimmer via Fed Ex to her local post office. The PO has never sent it on to Erin & no one has any idea where it is or when she'll get it. Erin is NOT PLEASED!! We decided that YOU must be getting her trimmer since Fed Ex was coming there. :goofy:

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh wow! That is awful. If I were Erin, I would be fit to be tied right now!! And I know how much she needed that new trimmer!