PDA

View Full Version : Volcano continues to errupt

Far North
03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Since Monday Mt Redoubt volcano continues to errupt every few hours so far the ash continues to fall beyond the most populated areas. None has come this far north. But many flights have been cancelled...so I am not sure if we will have any a delay with the final short card swaps being delievered on time. I will talk to the postal workers today.

Several of the international ice cravers are delayed in leaving town. Speaking of which I finally had time to visit their wonderful work last evening. I attached a picture of my favorite this year. The top winners of this year's competition at Ice Alaska (http://www.icealaska.com/)will be going to the winter Olympic competitions. If you look at their photos be sure to click on them to enlarge them for better view.

Our temperatures are about zero to 20 degrees above so that is warm to enjoy out of winter activities including lots of dog team races or the outhouse races.
Wish you could see some our local fun!

teabear
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
What an amazing sculpture, Jan. I almost spit out my tea over the outhouse races. I can only imagine.

I hope the ash doesn't blow your way from the eruption. We've been watching it with fascination here.

cindi
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
wow Jan, that turtle is fab!!!! I love the outhouse races, too funny. I hope ole Redoubt settles down soon. stay warm & safe.
:)

Artyfarty
03-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Fantastic turtle.....hoping the ash doesnt cause too much disruption and e1 can keep safe xxx

hutchink
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
OH MY HEAVEN that sea turtle sculpture is amazing! I have a thinking for sea turtles lately! SMILE! Sounds like a super fun festival! Hopefully Mt Redoubt settles down soon! Thanks for sharing :)

tesschap
03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Gorgeous sculpture Jan. I was wondering if the volcano activity was affecting you in any way.

mydogstinks2
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I was going to ask you if you could see the volcano from where you are.

I love thtat ice sculpture!!

hbpuppy
03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll pass on the 0 degrees and the outhouse races but the ice sculptures look amazing.

pesc
03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
What a wonderful turtle!!!

shadoob
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm with Heather...the weather you can keep...but the sculpture is fantastic!

Mrs. Fence
03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I have been thinking of you and the volcano. I'm glad the ashes haven't reached you so far, and glad that is warming up for you. Stay safe and thanks for sharing the ice sculpture - it's amazing!

scraphappy908
03-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Just checked out the website and looked at most of the ice sculptures. They are amazing! Thanks for sharing the link. I hope the volcano settles down soon. Can't wait to get my cards from the swap.

Paula Carden
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
pics are awesome!
What are the experts prediciting with the volcano? Will it be over soon?