PDA

View Full Version : How often do you go thru your paper?

jazzypurple853
03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I just spent the morning , going thru my patterened paper. I can't believe how much of this paper I had. Not only that, how much I want to get rid of.

Some paper I had bought it was in the clearance section,was it my style, nope. Had to get it cause I couldn;t pass up a bargain!

I also noticed that going thru the paper. I tended to buy the big stacks of paper like dcvw, that had all sorts of designs, and half the designs I don't even like. I'd not doing that anymore.

If I need to get any patterned paper, I will try to stick to my favorite manufactures.

I made a big pile of what I'm thinking of getting rid of, and double checking to see if that's the case.

I'm also am going to go thru my regular paper. I had done that last summer, and found some paper that I didn't like the texture of it, so I donated it to my local library. They were more than happy to take it.

teabear
03-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I sold some in the LSS yard sale last fall and will probably do that again this fall. I also take it to my stamping group to share when I'm getting tired of it. LOL. I don't buy stacks anymore either. I also take a pile of it with me to classes for the students to layer into their designs. They like to dig through to find their own style. I still have too much even with all of that. Honestly I don't use much patterned paper in my designs unless it's Basic Grey. I do tend to use their papers.

MidwestStamper
03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
A couple years ago I won a BIG box of stuff from Oriental Trading for a World Card Making Day promotion that the Papercrafts website had going. I got a ton of 12x12" paper, both patterned and plain. I've been using the plain when I scrapbook and some of the patterned--but there was so much of it.

Last year, I cut a bunch of it down to 6x6" paper and combined it with some other card making items to make a Basket for a Silent Auction that my church did. It was a relief to find a good use for the paper--which was very cool paper, but just too much for a card maker to use up!

I've only bought a big stack/slab of 12x12" paper ONCE--I realized that even if it's a great price, that's an enormous amount of paper!

I prefer to pick out paper that I like sheet by sheet. If I DO buy a stack/slab, it's the 6x6" or the smaller 'mat' packs that are way more useful for a card maker!

Paula Carden
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree, I buy stacks and don't like all of the pieces. It is probably best to just buy what you like. But like you I can't pass up a bargin. I have way to much paper. About once a year I go through it and give some to one the girls at the office that have classes with parenting teens or pregnant teens. Scrapbooking is one thing they do. Then the 4H groups for crafts and other groups that she mentors as part of her job. But I really need to just buy the pieces I like. I am going to try.

TiikkiStars
03-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I have WAY more than I should, I know! I have several pads and I know I've bought them for the incredible price. So, I'm trying really hard not to buy those too much anymore....occasionally a coupon and some of the thinner K&Company specialty pads will catch my eye and just not let go! And ya know, while two eyes are not entirely necessary, they do help with viewing in perspective and gosh darn it, I just really have to have that eye back! So, I cave and buy it with a coupon.

As for parting with my dear patterned paper (which I probably adore more than use!!), if its something I know I truly will never use (since Murphy...and his famous 'Law'... and I are on a first name basis, never say never!), I'll pass it on to the kids' crafting collection.

Hi! My name is Karen and I'm a crafting supply addict.

Everyone, say "Hello" now. :>

:> Karen

logcabincreations
03-26-2009, 02:01 PM
I've started buying more by the sheet too. It may be a little more expensive, but at least I use it and it doesn't sit. My secret pal at church last year gave me a big pack of 12x12 she got off clearance at some store, and I have to say most of it was very ugly...lol So I took it to our crop club at church and gave it away to anyone who wanted it.

Artyfarty
03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I too am guilty of buying papers that I really dont need...but then I may use them ONE day lol !!!

Erin K
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I go through mine pretty often, when it doesn't fit in this one holder I have to prune it. i give some to new paper crafters and then TONS to my kids.

I am strictly BANNED from buying slabs, stacks, or anything like that. If I MUST I can get the small pads of paper. I really don't use much patern paper at all. I'm just not inspired by it.

Paula Carden
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Okay Karen I know you will understand this...

Sometimes I buy really great pieces of paper and I just cannot use it-it is too pretty or perfect and I might need later. Or I buy more than one sheet of the same so I can keep it. I am trying to learn to let go of that too and realize now that there will always be another great piece of paper. But sometimes they are just perfect for certain stamps, I still have the stamps so I need the perfect sheet of paper.
Great idea Erin to have a limited space to keep it in....makes sense but I am too far gone for that!!

stampcrazyjulie
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
My name is Julie and I too am a Paper Craft Supply Hoarder. Let's just leave it at that.... :twitcy: