PDA

View Full Version : This is for Mahodgman

ngreek
12-31-2006, 04:43 PM
[COLOR="Navy"]Mary sent me this email with needing help with getting onto this Site. I have pasted her questions/ dilemma from an email she sent me sooo here it goes...

[Since the server change at stamp-shack.com, I have not been able to access the site from home.....well almost not. It is hit or miss, but it usually just tells me the page cannot be found. I deleted cookies from my control panel, internet options, and I deleted my old bookmark. A couple of times I was able to get there by using a search engine, but that is not working now at all. I'm not sure what else to try. I have emailed my service provider to find out if there is something there that could be the problem, but they won't be around until Tuesday. When I get to work on Tuesday, I'm going to print out all of my swap stuff so I have names and email addresses. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to try them./COLOR]

Nicole

Sherry
12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi Nicole,

Mary sent me an email earlier today and said that she was finally able to access the website after her husband did some cleaning up on their PC.

I'm sure we'll see her soon.

ngreek
01-01-2007, 01:07 PM
MAry was able to get onto the site once after her husband did some clean-up work on the computer. But that was the last time she was able to get back on. So she still is unable to connect. Any more suggestions?
Nicole

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
I am completely frustrated! Arg! I am at work now, and everything is hunky dory normal, I can log on just fine. Something is either wrong with my home PC or this site. I just talked to one of my techie friends here at work and he told me to try something tonight. I'm going to do it, and I hope it works!

inkinupstamps
01-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I've missed you! I want to see your work. I'd hate to have you be chained to your desk at work 24/7 just so I'm content!

Seriously...any clue what's up with the problem? You really are missed here!!

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I've missed you! I want to see your work. I'd hate to have you be chained to your desk at work 24/7 just so I'm content!

Seriously...any clue what's up with the problem? You really are missed here!!

Thanks, Jennifer. Sadly, no I have no idea what is wrong. I'm waiting to hear from my ISP to see if there is something they can do. One of my techie friends told me something to try when I get home tonight. I'm getting desperate.

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Cross your fingers everyone, I'm here and I'm at home and I hope this is gonna work! I think I'm just never going to turn off my PC.....I'm just gonna stay at the shack 24/7!

inkinupstamps
01-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Now don't go leaving us anymore! Keep the pc fired up! We missed you!

Sherry
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Cross your fingers everyone, I'm here and I'm at home and I hope this is gonna work! I think I'm just never going to turn off my PC.....I'm just gonna stay at the shack 24/7!

Hey Mary,

What did you have to do to fix it? Glad to see you made it back! :D

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey Mary,

What did you have to do to fix it? Glad to see you made it back! :D

DH diabled the virus scan. I swear I tried that the other day with no sucess, but he says that is all he did. I just hope I am not back to hit and miss with no real answers about the problem. StampinShera told me she has been having problems too. I asked her what ISP she uses, and I' haven't heard back from her yet. I wonder if we have the same one.