PDA

View Full Version : Aqua pen question

suzi_f
03-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Coloring w/my SU markers & my aquapen is my new favorite way of coloring now. I'm not perfect & I haven't got shading & highlighting down but I'm loving it! Anyway, I don't have the neutral SU makers and needed a black. I used my zig marker & it worked really good! But, now the brush on my aquapainter is stained. Doesn't seem to effect the other colors. Does anyone know if the SU marker stains to. Does it look black or purple like the stamp pad sometimes does. Should I invest in a Copic black marker (can copics & SU markers be used in tandem??) Or, if the Zig is working, should I just use it??

teabear
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Use a black inkpad. You can push the inkpad onto a piece of wax paper or foil or a craft sheet and then pick up the ink with your water brush and paint away. I always use inkpads to paint, never thought of using the markers. LOL

directmailscrapper
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Not sure if this is your question or not -- but you can't use water with Copics...

pesc
03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
The tip of my aquapainter is stained too but it does not affect the coloring with other colors. If the way you do it works... why change? :)

Erin K
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
my aquapainter is stained too. Blue in my case. It works fine though and I ignore it. :)

I don't think you can blend copic with an aquapainter.