PDA

View Full Version : Palooza questions.....

shadoob
03-30-2009, 02:07 PM
So, I need help....(imagine:wacko:)

Really though- ---

WILL there be shoe box projects? If so how many of you are doing it?

I know that Robin and Chris will be bringing some stuff, but what should WE bring? Do we each bring our own general stuff like markers, paper cutters, glue/tape, scissors, embellishments...etc?

Do I need to pack my entire room? What have you found to be useful? I've never even been to a crop before....

I KNOW I need to bring chocolate though....

mydogstinks2
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
I am going to work on Christmas cards this time. So I am bringing everything that I will need for that. Like my Christmas stamps and paper and my tote of christmas emb.

I am also bringing for anyone to use:

Cricut
bind-it-all
zutter cutter
sewing machine
cuttle bug

I guess you just need to decide what yopu will be working on and go from there.

There will be shoe box projects, I'm not sure how many but they will be there. You can do as few or as many as you want to.

Nancy
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM
I am not going but want to know "the shoe box project" does a person personally decide that everyone can do a project from her shoebox and would they all be the same? - Nancy.

directmailscrapper
03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I am bringing a shoebox project. I like to share a technique that I know that not everyone may have tried. Last year I did a couple of them -- Copic Markers for one and alcohol ink for another (and I did a cute onesie outfit using punches, too).

This year I am doing watercoloring on parchment paper -- easy peasy and really fun! I am going to stamp/emboss on parchment -- enough for everyone to do at least ONE project -- more if I have time. I am bringing the Tombow markers and the water brushes (whatever they are called) so that you can play with the technique. I am NOT planning on bringing the other stuff you would need to complete a card -- but you will have at least one finished watercolored image from my shoebox project. Everyone will get the same image -- and if I get a chance -- I'll stamp/emboss additional images that you can chose.

Does that help?

Also -- since I am flying -- I am going to scale down from what I brought last year. I am going to TRY to plan better and I want to work on Christmas cards too! I can't play without my cutter, scissors, copics, adhesive, cutting matte, paper, ink and stamps. Last year I went over the 50 lb weight limit on 2 suitcases (50 lbs EACH) ... I'm not doing that this year! LOL!

Fief14
03-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I put my clothes in a duffel bag & pack all my stamping stuff--as much as will fit in my large suitcase. Makes bringing half my stamping room to polooza so much easier cause it's on wheels! Stamps, cardstock, pencils, gamsol, markers, trimmer, cuttlebug, Nesties, punches, adhesive with lots of refills, a few idea magazines, embellishments etc. Hope this helps.

ETA: RIBBON! How'd I forget to list my ribbon!

suzi_f
03-30-2009, 07:06 PM
adhesive with lots of refills,

Thanks for saying this. I might have forgotten adhesives!!! I think I'll buy a bunch NOW & pack them away in case I forget!

spredbirds
03-30-2009, 09:16 PM
It's actually really fun to share stuff ... last year I bummed some images off of others and then made the shoebox projects ... it's actually fun to experiment and try new things!

logcabincreations
03-30-2009, 11:54 PM
since I'm driving, I can bring a lot of stuff :) I plan to work on swaps and Christmas cards, and my friend Cheryl and I will work as a team on shoebox projects....she is still new to stamping so I thought she could keep whichever projects she wants. I'm just bringing 1 shoebox project which will be patriotic theme since my son is now in the military.

Spartymom
03-31-2009, 08:23 AM
I would like to work on christmas cards, birthday cards and father and mothers day cards. That seems like alot.

As far as what to bring? I bring mostly everything that I have b/c I don't have much and can fit it all into a suitcase. cutter, paper, ribbon, stickles, tape, images, stamps, ink colors.

GSMom385
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
We all have the toolboxes on wheels so I am sure all three of us will bring those because they are always packed and that is what I take with me now when i travel instead of the big black bag, however I am only taking whatever paper and stamps I can fit into the bottom of mine because I am not going crazy and hauling the whole world there. I have an entire box of stamped images I will probably bring that along and we each have a shoebox project to bring. Suzanne will probably work on an album as she is more of a scrapper I am turning into a stamper. Tracy said she was actually going to work on cards which shocked me, because she is also more of a scrapper that I have already turned into a stamper in her books but cards is going to be a real stretch for her.